Tele-Tech anyone?

Magman

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Magman
During a recent bout with Covid; medical care was only provided via Tele-Med. This really drove home the point that now a patient can be in one room and the surgeon can be in the same room. Or in another country!

Some airline techs have been using Wearable Computers for decades but I have mo idea how they function. My focus is more on light aircraft.

In the last 2 decades cell phones and inexpensive borescopes have become common. How can we best utilize these and other emerging technologies in GA? A recent thread discussed the possibility of an A&P being needed to replace one screw in the cowling. This could be an application of FaceTime to supervise the Student Pilot? I would be rather comfortable with that in most cases. How about other applications?

Vids or pix can be an aid to effective “Diagnostics from a Distance”. Currently Regs pretty much require the supervising A & P to be present; in person. But Regs; and their interpretation can change over time.

There are simple ADs requiring a check if a placard or a particular feature is in place. Can we keep aircraft legal without driving to other airports?

While I am definitely an “Old Guy “; I love my cell and iPad. Copy machine, listing discrepancies to e-mail, AD and SB research are normal usage tasks. I believe there are apps to time mags and measure control travel. I Use the camera to check things like hose dates and blow up pic to read without removal.

What else can we do with these devices? Legality for supervision? ( future)
We have Sight and Sound . Do we really need Smell, Touch and Taste?

That “Star-Treky” stuff may well be in our future.

Any comment on supervising a Student Pilot changing a Spark Plug via FaceTime?

Back