Ted's excellent adventure

Yep, we're moving dogs again. The link tells the story well, I'll do my blog entry sometime after I change the oil on my plane. Cloud Nine and IFAW are working in partnership on this transport. They are a great group to work with, and I have nothing but positive things to say about the whole experience.

Right now, Gulf weather has us spending at least a few more hours in New Orleans. Looks like there are storms that would be developing about halfway. 250 nm from land is not a good place to have a lot of storms to deal with, especially given how fast they grow down here. In the mean time, time to find some breakfast.

"Twin Cessna" *chuckle*

I jokingly refer to the Sovereign as "Twin Cessna" in chat. I think it started when Mari had said that a lot of controllers didn't know what it was, since it was relatively new when she first started flying it. I told Gary (a friend of mine who I used to work with, also a pilot - now lives in Colorado) that Mari flew a Twin Cessna, and was hoping he'd elicit a bit more surprise when he saw the real thing. :)

Nice bunch, all of whom I have met, independently, through PoA.

Lucky to be us!

Indeed!

I jokingly refer to the Sovereign as "Twin Cessna" in chat. I think it started when Mari had said that a lot of controllers didn't know what it was, since it was relatively new when she first started flying it.
I'll admit that when they asked me if I wanted to apply for this internal position that I didn't know what it was either and had to look it up on the internet. :redface:

I'll admit that when they asked me if I wanted to apply for this internal position that I didn't know what it was either and had to look it up on the internet. :redface:

Well, when you told me you were going to start flying it I didn't know what it was, either. So, "Twin Cessna" works fine for me. :)

Back