Taylorcraft update.

Greg Bockelman

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Bockelman
Well, after many years and many frustrations, I am about to get my Taylorcraft delivered. I finally have a permanent Airworthiness Certificate. A few more details and I can take delivery. In the mean time, here are a few pictures. This is the first time I have ever seen the airplane, believe it or not. Long story, told too many times. Lets just say it has been a long time coming.

Attachments

• MVC-010S.zip
    114.7 KB · Views: 71
nice greg. let me know when/where you want it ferried from/to :)

Ah, yes, the ol' '46 BC12D Taylorcraft. What fond memories. Grab the heat control knob and pull it full out, "This is cold." Push the heat knob full in, "This is colder." There was a roll of duct tape in the baggage bin behind the pilot's seat--on really cold flights I would tape myself into the cockpit so as to avoid freezing to death. ;)

Ed Guthrie said:
Ah, yes, the ol' '46 BC12D Taylorcraft.

Mine is a BC12-65. 1941 model. Lots of mods. I will have to take possetion and take an inventory to see just what I have.

Good looking plane. I rent space in my hanger to a beautifully restored Taylorcraft of that vintage. I'll try to bring some info about it out to Gastons.

Nice! A little sister for your 195. Color coordinated too! :)

Greg, you have truly whetted the appetite for more information. I once bought a car ('76 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Cabriolet) without having seen it, but I had a trusted compadre do the buying. Cannot wait to hear the story.

Will this be a hangar-mate for the 192.5, or will Cessna be nudged aside...?

SCCutler said:
Will this be a hangar-mate for the 192.5, or will Cessna be nudged aside...?

Two hangars. Side by side. Well, oposite sides of a T-Hangar that is open on the inside. 50 bucks a piece a month. What a deal.

Greg Bockelman said:
Two hangars... 50 bucks a piece a month. What a deal.

Man.

Even *I* could afford that.

Mama Mia - she's a beaut! Enjoy.

Panel looks like the other end of the spectrum from what you fly for a living. Much more fun. Enjoy!

Back