Tapatalk...?

Looks like Tapatalk is going to trash most of their new UI that sucks big hairy ones, and call it a 'fix', in late January and early February when they put back most of the features they tossed.

https://support.tapatalk.com/index....tes-to-Tapatalk-Based-on-Your-Feedback.27809/

I guess their average rating in iTunes dropping to one star actually got their attention.

What'd be really great is if the whole thing quietly motivated someone with a clue about user interface design, to go start coding up a replacement for the stupid thing.

What'd be really great is if the whole thing quietly motivated someone with a clue about user interface design, to go start coding up a replacement for the stupid thing.

That's probably what got them in trouble in the first place, like what MS did to Windows 8, kiddies playing instead of doing real programming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I noticed my iPhone had a bunch of updates so I just selected update all.
Forgot all about not updating Tapatalk :mad2::mad2:
Wow people were not kidding about it being bad.

Today I noticed my iPhone had a bunch of updates so I just selected update all.
Forgot all about not updating Tapatalk :mad2::mad2:
Wow people were not kidding about it being bad.

Yeah, that's how I ended up on it. There's a thread on their own forum about how to force reinstall the old version if it's still in your iTunes library. iTunes moves old versions to the Trash.

I religiously/neurotically empty my Trash, so not an option for me. Yours might still be there if you want it back.

Android users are screwed. They changed the signature and marked it not installable via whatever mechanisms Android uses to check authenticity of Apps and it's not possible to go backward per the folks in that thread. I don't really know. Android is not my thing.

Yeah, that's how I ended up on it. There's a thread on their own forum about how to force reinstall the old version if it's still in your iTunes library. iTunes moves old versions to the Trash.

I religiously/neurotically empty my Trash, so not an option for me. Yours might still be there if you want it back.

Android users are screwed. They changed the signature and marked it not installable via whatever mechanisms Android uses to check authenticity of Apps and it's not possible to go backward per the folks in that thread. I don't really know. Android is not my thing.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapatalk-inc/tapatalk/tapatalk-4-9-5-apk/

The beauty of Android is that the playstore mirrors retain most previous versions. Yet another benefit over Apple :)

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapatalk-inc/tapatalk/tapatalk-4-9-5-apk/

The beauty of Android is that the playstore mirrors retain most previous versions. Yet another benefit over Apple :)

On iOS, if you don't want to update the app, just don't update it (or you can restore from backup). However, at some point the old app may cease to work with the new versions of iOS which are available to most Apple users. Android doesn't seem to have that pesky problem of major OS updates becoming available to most of the installed base.

I deleted Tapatalk before the most recent update. Forum Runner is much cleaner, though a bit quirky. Too bad there isn't a great offline forum app yet.

JKG

Last edited:
I just tried installing the old Tapatalk from the link, above.

No joy. Still stuck with this almost unusable new version.

I'm still using the Pro, really hate the "downgrade."

Back