Tapatalk, you are the worst...

vontresc

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
vonSegelGoober
I tolerate the app because it makes reading forums easier, but in this latest update I got opten in on ALL email notifications. It sends me a frucking email every time someone likes my post. Jeez I may be insecure and looking for validation on these forums, but who would EVER want that.

Just leave my inbox in peace while I enjoy some french toast...

If I like and reply do you get two emails?

Post some more so I can like it.

Also, Tapatalk is pretty much communism.

Same here. Although you can manually unsubscribe from notifications in a thread, but who has time for that?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I tolerate the app because it makes reading forums easier, but in this latest update I got opten in on ALL email notifications. It sends me a frucking email every time someone likes my post. Jeez I may be insecure and looking for validation on these forums, but who would EVER want that.

Just leave my inbox in peace while I enjoy some french toast...
With a name like vontresec should you have French toast?

Why use Tapatalk? Is the web interface so awful that you need someone else to get between it and you? (And screw things up?) I'm on several forums, and just go to the webpages . . .

Look I talk American real good for being a redneck. Pete just fakes it.

Having met you and the redneck who opined on Pete's excellent American speaking-mess for being Germany, I can assure you that you ain't got nuttin' on him.

Having met you and the redneck who opined on Pete's excellent American speaking-mess for being Germany, I can assure you that you ain't got nuttin' on him.
Okay now we have to get serious. Pete left his fly unzipped at 6Y9 and had a wet spot as a result. My 'American bag stayed dry.

Reactions: Ted
Why use Tapatalk? Is the web interface so awful that you need someone else to get between it and you? (And screw things up?) I'm on several forums, and just go to the webpages . . .

Tapatalk makes browsing on a mobile device much easier because it doesn't show the whole forum page at once. You can also select only certain forums to follow so that it saves navigation steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate Tapatalk because it makes forum reading and posting so easy..... in the head as I am posting this

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Personally, I find it just as easy to use safari on my iPhone and view POA that way.

Without this feature, I would never known that PoA members can still interact with a locked thread by liking the posts in it.

I discovered this by receiving several emails announcing that somebody liked a post of mine. I clicked to see what the post was, and it turned out it was a post in a thread that was already locked, preventing new posts but apparently not preventing new likes.

Tapatalk makes browsing on a mobile device much easier because it doesn't show the whole forum page at once. You can also select only certain forums to follow so that it saves navigation steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The current forum software works well on a mobile device, much more so than the old software. In fact, there were a couple other forums I browsed before getting rid of Tapatalk. They are still using the old software so I have quit going to those sites unless I am on a computer.

I hate tapatalk for simple fact that everytime I go to a forum that uses tapatalk I get that stupid popup asking me to download tapatalk.

Don't tell me how to live my life :p

It's nice to be able to "Like" in a locked thread. Mostly because if you agree with the lock, you can Like that the moderators locked it "for you."

They seem to be doing something new. I tried TapATalk maybe 4-5 years ago, didn't like it, and haven't used it since. All of a sudden, in the past few days, I've been getting every "like", although usually at least 2 days old. I unsubscribed (tried, anyway) this morning.

Going back to the original complaint -- what's so hard about setting up a filter that moves anything coming in from a forum either into a folder for later mass deletion, or better, if you're on Google, straight into the trash where you still have 30 days to find something if you really need it?

I'd be so annoyed if I had to use a mail server that didn't have server side filters. Been doing that since I had to do it in procmail on a Vax. LOL.

I don't let automated crap into my inbox unless it's something telling me my paycheck is at risk. "System down". Everything automated goes into a folder / or on GMail has a label added and the Inbox label removed.

Well had I said "Armer Ritter" no one would have know what I was eating ;-)

I think the forum is pretty easy to use on mobile without any apps.

I think the forum is pretty easy to use on mobile without any apps.

Doesn't matter. Anyone who does more than one forum knows some have okay (never great) mobile web and others don't. This one is in the "okay" category.

But ALL of them do TT if they're worth bothering to read at all.

And the TT UI is done pretty well and is therefore nice and consistent across 20 sites.

Nobody has time to dork with all the inconsistent and dumb web UIs. The Internet fixed this 30 years ago with NNTP. Or even RSS with an add on upload/auth API would work.

But web coders always think their stuff doesn't stink and make ever more obnoxious web UIs when only text is needed.

Back