Taking the Reverse Highspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't consider myself any better then my students. I don't and won't ever pretend to know all or act as if I'm better then them. If a student tells me I'm wrong, I listen.

The only difference between my students and I is that I started years before they did and have spent more money.

I don't consider myself any better then my students. I don't and won't ever pretend to know all or act as if I'm better then them. If a student tells me I'm wrong, I listen.
And for that, I thank you. I would not have an instructor that didn't feel that way.

If I, in my lowly non-pilot state, can figure this out, I'm having a really hard time figuring out how an almighty airline captain can't.

His input to this forum suggests a high probability that he's fibbing about being a pilot.

Your tone is odd. Usually student pilots don't lecture ATP CFI CFII MEI pilots. But times are a changing.

Kettle? Pot? Black?

The poster is a paramedic with some knowledge about radio use and frequency congestion. What has this to do with your qualifications? You've got one solitary FAA certificate, and think that the world should cow down to you?

I've got five, and I guarantee nobody hesitates to tell me what they think. I invite it. You should, too.

Those five certificates and eight bucks will buy me a cup of coffee. What does your one certificate buy you? Clearly not respect.

The only difference between my students and I is that I started years before they did and have spent more money.

Too bad you live so far away - you sound like you would be a good instructor to fly with!

Man you guys are a tough crowd.

Here's some observations.

I've never claimed to be a 'sky God' or better than everyone. Those were others words. I simply stated facts, I saw it as odd the tone someone took with me when that someone is a self described non-pilot and I'm an experianced pilot.

I let this thread sit for quite awhile. I then came in here after thinking about it and basically had my hat in hand and said I've reconsidered and agree I put way too much weight on the reverse high speed being the cause of the issue. I agreed with others here that the issue was the stopping and the being lippy.

For some reason the hate didn't abate. It went up if anything. Folks saying I'm not a pilot, I'm 14, hinting I'm stupid. Hateful hateful speach. I honestly don't get it...

What we're down to now that I've abandoned the reverse being the problem and the issue is simply a definition.

The AIM (non-regulatory) states, "At towered fields pilots SHOULD not reverse course without tower approval". The difference of opinion at this point is only if taking the reverse high speed applies to that. I've said I understand if you don't think so and fly as you like. I just think it could be argued that it could apply.

Reverse High Speed....shouldn't Reverse Course.

It's not like it's a crazy notion that it could be argued either way. I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything. I've abandoned all fight, and yet...the rage burns.

The rage burns from the same group of people that came down on me with a sledge hammar when I mearly pointed out Aunt Peggy may have posted in the wrong section. Apparantly I was rude. Being rude is not looked upon well here...unless it's rude to me.

Go ahead, call him names, tell him he's stupid. He's not even a pilot! TROLL!!!

Why? I'm not even upset. The whole thing baffels me though.

Last edited:
Too bad you live so far away - you sound like you would be a good instructor to fly with!

He's only a few hours away by these things we call airplanes. ;)

And there is a weekly room place a couple miles from the airport that ain't fancy but serves well for passing out in between lessons that costs $169/week. It has a kitchenette if you're inclined to cook.

You'll spend more on the rental car than the room. ;) Enterprise can be coerced into offering the airline terminal price using cars already staged across the airport at the FBO if you call them.

The FBO has Starbucks coffee, and for $0.75 from the vending machine, you can add a "Big Texas" cinnamon roll... if you're David White.

If you're not a teenager and watching your waistline, you can skip the Big Texas. ;)

I would also add that if indeed you are a real airline pilot (which I seriously doubt), you are a dangerous one, because you, sir, cannot admit when you are wrong.

That certainly seems like an overgeneralization, given that the ability to admit one is wrong is quite rare.

Recently I took people to task for thinking that they knew a newly certificated pilot was dangerous without ever flying with her, and I say the same thing when the pilot is an ATP, CFI, etc.

He's only a few hours away by these things we call airplanes. ;)

And there is a weekly room place a couple miles from the airport that ain't fancy but serves well for passing out in between lessons that costs $169/week. It has a kitchenette if you're inclined to cook.

You'll spend more on the rental car than the room. ;) Enterprise can be coerced into offering the airline terminal price using cars already staged across the airport at the FBO if you call them.

The FBO has Starbucks coffee, and for $0.75 from the vending machine, you can add a "Big Texas" cinnamon roll... if you're David White.

If you're not a teenager and watching your waistline, you can skip the Big Texas. ;)

There are good instructors here, too.

I've never claimed to be a 'sky God' or better than everyone. Those were others words. I simply stated facts, I saw it as odd the tone someone took with me when that someone is a self described non-pilot and I'm an experianced pilot.

No, you stated nonsense and insisted they were facts.

I believe the pilot is wrong for clogging up the airwaves with unnecessary chatter.

I was a paramedic for 10 years. I know what the cost of unnecessary chatter can be.

There is a regulation that requires us to request clarification when unsure of a clearance.

That having been said, I agree with you that frequency congestion can create serious problems, so one needs to assess how busy the frequency is, and try to realistically assess the importance of a question relative to what else is going on.

Wasn't there someone named Cowboy Pilot?

In "Captain"s case, I believe there is at least one long time forum member who knows who he is and I think he would have said something if he was misrepresenting himself.

Man you guys are a tough crowd.

Here's some observations.

I let this thread sit for quite awhile. I then came in here after thinking about it and basically had my hat in hand and said I've reconsidered and agree I put way too much weight on the reverse high speed being the cause of the issue. I agreed with others here that the issue was the stopping and the being lippy.

For some reason the hate didn't abate. It went up if anything. Folks saying I'm not a pilot, I'm 14, hinting I'm stupid. Hateful hateful speach. I honestly don't get it...

What we're down to now that I've abandoned the reverse being the problem and the issue is simply a definition.

The AIM (non-regulatory) states, "At towered fields pilots SHOULD not reverse course without tower approval". The difference of opinion at this point is only if taking the reverse high speed applies to that. I've said I understand if you don't think so and fly as you like. I just think it could be argued that it could apply.

Reverse High Speed....shouldn't Reverse Course.

It's not like it's a crazy notion that it could be argued either way. I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything. I've abandoned all fight, and yet...the rage burns.

The rage burns from the same group of people that came down on me with a sledge hammar when I mearly pointed out Aunt Peggy may have posted in the wrong section. Apparantly I was rude. Being rude is not looked upon well here...unless it's rude to me.

Go ahead, call him names, tell him he's stupid. He's not even a pilot! TROLL!!!

Why? I'm not even upset. The whole thing baffels me though.

Welcome to the POA.

Geez, if the frequency was busy I'd not bother getting permission. I'd just go on down to the less convienient turn off. The congested frequency angle has no merrit.

In "Captain"s case, I believe there is at least one long time forum member who knows who he is and I think he would have said something if he was misrepresenting himself.

Oh, the Mods have had me researched and even know my home address as well as Certs and Type Ratings and such. Not sure why they choose to let claims of my non-pilot status go unchecked. Maybe they don't like me. They did out my name...

OK, folks, let's knock off the personal insults and similar carp. There's good disucssion here, but it's been completely lost in the personal bickering. Keep it friendly....

Perhaps the most prudent action here would be to lock the thread? Good info and discussion contained herein, but not much more good to come from this. 12 pages to cover 2 pages worth the material. Or as Mr. Sunshine aka Captain phrases it, $9 solution to a $2 problem.

Thread locked per MC vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back