Take your granddaughter to the airport day

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
I don't know how it happened, but somehow my youngest grand daughter
has developed a rather keen interest in airplanes. :dunno: So a couple of weeks ago I took her out to the airport just to hang out and look around. The folks at North Florida Flight Center were very nice and friendly and they allowed us out on the ramp so I could show her some airplanes up close. One of the managers there even gave her some gifts. (a model FedEx jet, an "I'd Rather be Flying" key fop, and a handful of balsa gliders) She seemed to be really interested in how airplanes fly, and I was able to explain how the control surfaces work etc. We had a great time together that afternoon, and actually spent a couple of hours there. We sat outside for a long time and watched the airplanes come and go. And as you can see, see kept hitting me up for quarters for the bubble gum machine.

49bhbiq.jpg

thats awesome frank. two of my favorite passengers were my little brother adn sister, ages 3 and 5 at the time. both were nagging me for months to take them flying and enjoyed it quite a lot.

Someday I'll have a granddaughter or grandson to take to the airport... sigh! :rolleyes:

I've got one scheduled for delivery mid-April .... still choking on saying "Grandpa" however...

"much too young to feel this damn old!"

gkainz said:
I've got one scheduled for delivery mid-April .... still choking on saying "Grandpa" however...
I was the same way, but I got used to it and actually learned to love it! :eek:

gkainz said:
"much too young to feel this damn old!"

:target::target::target:

BTW, congrats for the little one in the hangar!

Last edited:
Frank Browne said:
I don't know how it happened, but somehow my youngest grand daughter has developed a rather keen interest in airplanes.
Frank, she's a cutie! Thanks for such a positive post. :) Hopefully, she'll be taking you flying one of these days.

Back