taiwanese popcorn chicken

GeorgeC

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
GeorgeC
Had this stuff for the first time a few weeks ago, it was simple and excellent. Made a batch of my own last night. Kid tested, dad approved!

I didn't have any sweet potato flour so I substituted some matzo meal that we had lying around. Used mirin instead of shaoxing cooking wine and sugar. Skipped the egg. Baked for 20 minutes at 400°F on parchment paper instead of frying.

http://kirbiecravings.com/2013/11/taiwanese-popcorn-chicken.html

Careful, make sure it IS chicken first ...
I've seen many Asian "chicken" dishes where the "poultry" used to go "woof" or "meow" before appearing on the plate. (and that's in the GOOD case)
After inquiring with the chef, you might hear "you no care, you eat now, it delicious, it taste like chicken".
Just sayin'. :lol:

That looks good, I may try it Saturday, all the womenfolk are off at a dance convention this weekend, it's just me and the dog.

That looks good, I may try it Saturday, all the womenfolk are off at a dance convention this weekend, it's just me and the dog.

Wow, more than 18 hours passed and you are still a registered user and not "deleted_user"? Lucky you. :)

On topic: I am thawing a breast of chicken as we speak and will be pan-frying it to make some awesome pasta por.... ummmm ... pronto. With maybe a whole head of garlic. Can you say "delicious"? :)

Back