Tailwheel Training in CT

bjde1011

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bdemarti
I was looking into some options for Tailwheel Training in Connecticut. I am an instrument rated private pilot and am interested in getting into some classic flying to improve my stick and rudder skills. I have contacted a couple flight schools but their planes are down, so I was hoping to find some freelance instructors hopefully around southern CT. I'm currently at school but am hoping to get it started over my spring break in early March. Thanks.

Learn2flyCT at Brainard (I think they use Goodspeed also) and Chester Charter both have J-3s. A search for "Connecticut tailwheel" brings up quite a few others around the state.

Learn2flyCT at Brainard (I think they use Goodspeed also) and Chester Charter both have J-3s. A search for "Connecticut tailwheel" brings up quite a few others around the state.
Chester Charter is under maintenance right now, and I reached out to L2F (I did my private there so I know a few instructors), I was hoping to hear about some smaller programs that might not be as well advertised.

Great Barrington trains in a J-3. Not sure if it’s flying currently.

Depending on where you are in CT. Plymouth Mass has a tailwheel school and rentals. Also Sterling Mass (3B3).

Goodspeed Flying Service at Goodspeed (42B) offers tailwheel endorsements

Back