tailgating and reincarnation

T Bone said:
Okay, y'all left me back at the milk thing.... anyone care to 'splain? (please?B) )
You mean explain the milk thing? It has to do with Carnation Instant Milk if I got it right.

gibbons said:
Nah. How about, "I think about it a lot but can't quite decide how I really feel. Why don't you take off your top and tell me your thoughts?"
(too direct?)
I'm with Chip on this one...and it was his idea.

Although "tell me your thoughts" probably wouldn't have been how I ended that sentence. ;)

Diana said:
You mean explain the milk thing? It has to do with Carnation Instant Milk if I got it right.
Doh! Of course it does Diana, thanks! B)

Now, for the horses and dogs thing.... did she offer an opinion as to which one this particular tailgater had been? :D

Diana said:
Run Dave! Run!!!!!

But first answer this question. How did you "feel" about that? ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It absolutely floored me :eek: I was at a complete loss for words. I laughed so hard, I snorted out of my nose and found it wasn't completely clear:D .

I'm sure part of it was because when I used to horseback ride while hunting, I had one horse that just wasn't happy unless his nose was up another horse's butt. It was just a matter of time before he'd trot up to the back of this one horse especially and insert his proboscis deftly up her behind. Usually, only a short while before I heard this Clop--Clop as she kick up her rear legs and kick him squarely in the chest!!! Then, he'd back off for a short time; then, you guessed it, he'd trot back up for a sniff. No matter what I did with the reigns, yelled, kicked, he would do anything for that sniff!! One day, I pulled so hard on one reighn his head was turned so far around toward me I could see both his eyes!! Somehow, he kept going straight until I let up: then we'd trot up for another sniff.

So, s..h..e r..e..a..l..l..y s..t..r..u..c..k a n..e..r..v..e.

Dave

Ken Ibold said:
Nah, don't run. First, please tell me you came up with the same witty retort that crossed my mind IMMEDIATELY after reading her comment!

Ken:

I can't wait to hear, but the only retort I gave had to do with foreign elements being eliminated from my nose when I snorted.

Dave

Last edited:
Dave Siciliano said:
Ken:
I can't wait to hear,
Yes, Ken, you can't just leave us dangling!!!! You can email it to me and I won't tell anybody! :yes: I mean :no:
Dave Siciliano said:
but the only retort I gave had to do with foreigh elements being eliminated from my nose when I snorted.
Oh, dear. Well, that was almost as suave as Chip's comment. What did she say next?

Let'sgoflying! said:
oh wait a minute, I see you said something about getting advice on women. I will go hide now, not my area of expertise.

Tsk, tsk, Dave. Didn't follow your own advice. Right answer would have been:

"Oh, wait a minute, I see you said something about getting advice on women. I don't know much about it, fill me in with what you know."

Diana said:
Oh, dear. Well, that was almost as suave as Chip's comment. What did she say next?
What was wrong with Chip's comment? :confused:

Works for me...and has, in a slightly different form. :D

Dave Siciliano said:
Ken Ibold said:
Nah, don't run. First, please tell me you came up with the same witty retort that crossed my mind IMMEDIATELY after reading her comment!
Ken:

I can't wait to hear, but the only retort I gave had to do with foreigh elements being eliminated from my nose when I snorted.

Dave
I dunno why, but this thread is making me think of the trailers I've been seeing for "The 40-Year Old Virgin" movie that's due out this week.

Getting misguided help from his friend:

Friend: Problem is most guys don't know how to talk to women.

40YOV: What am I supposed say?

Friend: Nothing, just ask questions.

Later, girl in bookstore: Are you looking for something?

40YOV: Is there something I should be looking for?

Girl: Um... we have a great section for do-it-yourself.

40YOV: Do you like to do it yourself?

:rofl:

-Rich

Brian Austin said:
What was wrong with Chip's comment? :confused:

Works for me...and has, in a slightly different form. :D
What? It worked?!?!

Guess I'd better add it to my repertoire, then! :drink:

-Rich

Oh, dear. Well, that was almost as suave as Chip's comment. What did she say next?[/QUOTE]

Well, you know, I don't remember exactly what she said after that. I felt a bit embarrassed, and didn't dwell on the comment. She smiled when she saw me decorate my chin. We kinna went back to talking about the marketplace.

I've told this story to my nieces and a couple 'o friends. Now, whenever someone tailgates me, this is what I think of. And, on many occasions, rather than getting angry, I slow down and wonder if they were a dog or horse in their former life.:D

Last edited:
Dave Siciliano said:
Now, whenever someone tailgates me, this is what I think of. And, on many occassions, rather than getting angry, I slow down and wonder if they were a dog or horse in their former life.:D

Which still doesn't really explain why they're being such an a$$ in this one.

In a year or two, somebody is going to ask if anybody saved this thread. Well, I'll have it.

Toby said:
In a year or two, somebody is going to ask if anybody saved this thread. Well, I'll have it.

Good thing, its damned funny, and many of us can relate to Dave's predicament.
(Mr Spock was my childhood hero)

Bill Jennings said:
(Mr Spock was my childhood hero)
I had a crush on him when I was a kid, and was pretty sure back then that I could have made him more human. :)

Well, I didn't mean for this thread to be that 'different'. Wasn't it Will Rogers that something along the lines of the truth being funnier than fiction??

Haven't you ever been in a situation where at one time or another you could here the Dee Dee Dee Dee of the Twilight Zone somewhere in the background?

Here I just spent a few minutes, well, maybe an hour actually, with this lady and she's given me an entire new perspective on why people follow so close.

(Oh, BYW, my Father-in-law eventually got rid of that horse that used ta sniff so much :rolleyes: ). And, I don't think it is paranoia, if someone is really after you.

And....where is Ken's retort? Is it somehow like Portnoy's Complaint? Do we have to beg Ken? Frank would like to know if his thought of the right response 20 minutes later was as appropriate as Kens'!! There is nothing worse than thinking of what appears to be a great witticism only to have someone roll one off their tongue before you share your thought!

BTW, will be flying to San Diego tomorrow; so, I'll be off line for awhile.

Dave

Since the thread is apparently winding down......

I have a good friend who tells a story about dating strange women after his divorce. He was in the car with a date one night coming back from a bar. She was driving. They had not had a good date and both were still on the rebound after bad relationships. She turned to him and asked, "Have you ever thought about just ending it all?" He, fresh out of divorce court, said, "I've thought about it before."

Next thing he knows she's got the accelerator on the floor blasting through red lights at the speed of heat through downtown OKC. He swears he was screaming at her, "I want to live! I WANT TO LIVE!!!!"

I think it was their only date.

gibbons said:
Since the thread is apparently winding down......

I have a good friend who tells a story about dating strange women after his divorce. He was in the car with a date one night coming back from a bar. She was driving. They had not had a good date and both were still on the rebound after bad relationships. She turned to him and asked, "Have you ever thought about just ending it all?" He, fresh out of divorce court, said, "I've thought about it before."

Next thing he knows she's got the accelerator on the floor blasting through red lights at the speed of heat through downtown OKC. He swears he was screaming at her, "I want to live! I WANT TO LIVE!!!!"

I think it was their only date.

I think he was with my ex-wife!!!

gibbons said:
the accelerator on the floor blasting through red lights at the speed of heat

Center console shifters and parking brakes good. :hairraise:

Dave Siciliano said:
And....where is Ken's retort? Is it somehow like Portnoy's Complaint? Do we have to beg Ken? Frank would like to know if his thought of the right response 20 minutes later was as appropriate as Kens'!!
Yeah, I think I might just keep this one to myself.

Here I was wondering how I missed this thread with all of these posts from the last few days. :goofy: :rofl:

I wonder what I was doing two years ago when this was flowing. Musta had a life back then. :D

wow this is an amazing thread. thanks diana! Toby had it right, this is one for eternity

Back