Swing and Miss Advertising.

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Light and Sporty Guy
So, watch a video on youtube - at the end comes an ad for a Pilatus PC-12 turbo prop.

The ad mentions that it can haul 800 pounds of baggage in the back.
800 pounds.
That's more than my entire airplane.

I don't think I'm really the droid they are looking for.

Last edited:
I think they need a better ad proofreader. The last time I checked, PC-24 and turboprop do not go together.

I would guess that 99.999% of the people that see ads for a factory new Pilatus will never be in the market for a new aircraft of any type from any manufacturer. But they don't sell if you don't advertise them so...

I think they need a better ad proofreader. The last time I checked, PC-24 and turboprop do not go together.
More likely, I needed to watch the ad more closely to see what model number they were pushing.
I was only off by 12. That doesn't seem like a lot.

I don't think someone ,that can afford a pc 24 ,is following youtube videos.

But since Google owns Youtube the ads on that particular video could have been triggered by your aviation browsing history. Big brother knows all.:)
Indeed they do :(, but even then it a swing and a miss.
I've also been seeing ads for the ELT battery that should be delivered tomorrow. A little late for advertising. Come back in two years, eh?

I've also been seeing ads for the ELT battery that should be delivered tomorrow. A little late for advertising. Come back in two years, eh?
I get tired of seeing ads for something I just bought -- a hundred times a day, every day, for days. It's a sign that I need to go do my weekly "turn off all ad tracking" exercise.

I don't think someone ,that can afford a pc 24 ,is following youtube videos.
And if in the market for that sort of thing, likely know the diff between a PC12 and a PC24. Unlike me.
Video from ad:
These people had a metric buttload of baggage...

Last edited:
Back