SW Ohio has another airport at risk...

IN-OH only meetup? Aren't MI folks welcome? We're not that far either, and I'd be in for just about anywhere in west to central OH.

YNG was always fun also. Coming in and out is a view of the air reserve base. I used to sit out there and watch the C-130's come and go. Very loud, and very cool!

Personally I think the C-130's are some of the quietest planes flying.

Of course Michiganers are welcome! We should make a new thread here.

IN-OH only meetup? Aren't MI folks welcome? We're not that far either, and I'd be in for just about anywhere in west to central OH.
OHhhhhh welllll:confused: As long as you don't wear anything with blue and yellow on it. :rofl: I just kiddin ya, of course.

Speaking of the Blue and Yellow!!! Before picking up 32V I was looking over a 74 Arrow II that was really set up nicely. The instrumentation was sweet and the paint job was very nice. My issue was the Blue and Yellow colors. I would have been shot by my friends here in Ohio. Fortunately before I was too smitten by this beauty my broker found out the airplane had a pre-purchase inspection a few weeks earlier and the inspection turned up a very worn logeron from a previous gear up landing. The poor guy that owned it had no clue and was now stuck with replacing the longeron. He refused to budge on the asking price so we passed on it.

Maybe we should start a thread in the travel section and have monthly or so meets. We could include the surrounding states like IN, KY, OH, MI, and PA for starters. Hanger flying over breakfast or burgers is some of the best times there are to be had. Those that rent could pair up with those that own and help defray costs for everyone if they want. I am certainly open to sharing the front office with a fellow POA type.

I did make the trip to KPMH for breakfast today. The MOA was cold so I went direct. Flew back toward the north flying parallel to the forbiden zone at GE Peebles facility.

It was a bit hazy this morning but relatively stable under the overcast skys. Made a smooth flight for the greenstick that came along.

All in all a great day.

Personally I think the C-130's are some of the quietest planes flying.

I can promise it didn't seem like that when I was standing out at the fence watching them come and go.

Allegiant Air flies passenger airlines out of YNG (I think they are MD's?) and when they come and go, they're just another jetliner. Loud like a jet, not intolerable at all.

But when those C-130's came in and out, I could actually feel it, and it was loud. It wasn't just coming and going either...they'd make some pretty low passes in various locations around Mahoning and Trumbull County, and if you were in the right place at the right time it was quite an experience.

OHhhhhh welllll:confused: As long as you don't wear anything with blue and yellow on it. :rofl: I just kiddin ya, of course.
How do you know my colors aren't Green and White? ;)

Actually I'm a Detroiter... got my degree from and work at the urban uni here. Hint: world class education in the real world etc.

Back