Suspended Medical and Insurance

J

JakeHs

I had my medical cert. suspended 2 years ago for 3 months. I'm looking at renewing my insurance but I wanted to know if there is anyway for an insurance company to find this out?

I'm not looking for an argument about the moral right or wrongs of this but I want to know if they have anyway of finding out.

I was very upfront with my insurance agent about the emergency revocations of both my medical and airman certificates in 2005 (I got them both back eighteen months later). I've never had any accidents, incidents, or pilot deviations in 56 years as a pilot, and after I explained the circumstances he said it wouldn't be a problem. I got an excellent policy with competitive premiums. YMMV.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Does your renewal form ask whether your medical certificate has ever been suspended or revoked?

If so, then the only time they would "care" is if you make a claim. Then yes, if they are looking for a basis to deny the claim, and suspect you lied on the application, they will investigate and there are ways to find out.

I'm not sure I understand the question. Does your renewal form ask whether your medical certificate has ever been suspended or revoked?
I've had brokers inquire of whether I had a medical or not at renewal time (along with my hours and all the other stuff they put on their info sheet). I've been with Avemco for a while now and I don't even think they've inquired about what is going on since i signed up with them.

I've had brokers inquire of whether I had a medical or not at renewal time (along with my hours and all the other stuff they put on their info sheet). I've been with Avemco for a while now and I don't even think they've inquired about what is going on since i signed up with them.
I've seen the same. That's why I asked.

I guess a better question to ask is how would they ever find out a medical certificate had been revoked. I'm sure the FAA won't divulge that information to just anyone?

I guess a better question to ask is how would they ever find out a medical certificate had been revoked. I'm sure the FAA won't divulge that information to just anyone?
If your medical certificate was suspended or revoked and you appealed the suspension or revocation to an administrative law judge or the NTSB, I'm pretty sure there's a public record. I appealed my revocations and the NTSB had its denial judgment with all the details on its website that was there for anyone to find with a simple search for over a decade.

I never looked. So take with a grain of salt.
But supposedly all medical and certificate revocations are public record. The FAA just does not put them online, you need to go to OKC to request it.

Tim

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back