Suspected Drunk Pilots

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
Two United Airlines pilots who have been arrested for suspected intoxication before they were to fly 141 passengers from Scotland to the United States

Airline pilots, believe it or not, are human just like everyone else, and have failings. I'm sure they both will regret that day the rest of their lives. They will probably still be employed but it will be awhile until they fly the friendly skies again. (see what I did there)

This is not the first time airline pilots have been arrested for suspected intoxication. Anybody know what the other pilots in the past are doing now, are they still flying or working fast food.

There have been several pilots I've been in the pattern with that could be "suspected" of being drunk as well.

This is not the first time airline pilots have been arrested for suspected intoxication. Anybody know what the other pilots in the past are doing now, are they still flying or working fast food.

I know of both at the airline I flew at. And we even had a couple for drugs too. I know, scary huh?

Oh come on. Like any one of us hasn't gotten hammered before flying a plane with 141 passengers on board. Damn political correctness millenials something something.

You're just plain being a meany this am! ;)

I'm just tired of these hypocrites judging people for doing something we've ALL done literally thousands of times. I mean, you can't throw a rock without hitting someone that's been a passenger on one of my drunken commercial flights.

Wait, its not normal to take a stiff drink before flying? My instructors did it all the time......:confused:

All they have to do is work the radios anyway, the autopilot will fly them most of the way there. what a crock arresting these two fine individuals. They would have more than likely sobered up by time they landed so chances are the passengers quite possibly would have been just fine. It's not like they were snorting coke off of a strippers bum or smoking crack in the mayors office, right!

This post contains sarcasm!!!

I haven't seen a thread on the Talon Air FO couple days ago on a charter flight out of Michigan that was caught, luckily before takeoff, and tested 7 times the legal limit! Maybe he needs moral courage to fly:eek:

I haven't seen a thread on the Talon Air FO couple days ago on a charter flight out of Michigan that was caught, luckily before takeoff, and tested 7 times the legal limit! Maybe he needs moral courage to fly:eek:

No kidding. The tape on liveATC of him trying to pick up his clearance is epic!

Oh come on. Like any one of us hasn't gotten hammered before flying a plane with 141 passengers on board. Damn political correctness millenials something something.

Exactly. Those pilots are victims!

Foster: "You an airline pilot?"
Dean Martin... "No, but I've been pretty high in my time!"

:lol:

---NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE HERE---

I remember hearing that some places (maybe like Ireland) had different rules for drinking and flying, we're 8hrs and .04bac, I think Ireland might be one of the places where it's something crazy like .01, as in if you had a couple beers the night before over dinner you could be legally drunk the next day, even though realistically you're not in any way impaired. Not 100% sure though, but I thought I'd toss that out there.

-break

Not just that, but "good moral character" is a requirement for ATP. What more proof (pun) do you need?

Wonder if anyone has ever been pink slipped for that lol

"During the oral the applicant was asked to describe CRM, he mentioned a time he and his Capt were in a hotel room with a hooker, midget and a goat..."

---NOT SAYING THIS IS THE CASE HERE---

I remember hearing that some places (maybe like Ireland) had different rules for drinking and flying, we're 8hrs and .04bac, I think Ireland might be one of the places where it's something crazy like .01, as in if you had a couple beers the night before over dinner you could be legally drunk the next day, even though realistically you're not in any way impaired. Not 100% sure though, but I thought I'd toss that out there.

-..."
Odd of all places to have tougher drinking laws, Ireland! Where the legal drinking age in a pub "old enough to reach the counter and have the money for a pint" :D:D

We need more rules and regulations from the FAA and their bureaucratic bunch to fix this. I have complete confidence in our government to fix this problem of drunk pilots.

We need more rules and regulations from the FAA and their bureaucratic bunch to fix this. I have complete confidence in our government to fix this problem of drunk pilots.

The Feds go on their witch hunts for this kind of crap every 30 years or so. In every case, the data will show that this is an aberration. The cost effectiveness of the witch hunt will be considered. Scrutiny will be relaxed after a couple of years and in another 30 years we'll be reading stories like this again. Rinse and repeat.

Back