Surprise surprise

You know what's not a surprise?

I'm sure they are saving the presentations on the hazards of professional maintenance next time...

Planes are falling like rain from those botched oil changes . . .

The entire description is:

"This presentation discusses the safety risk elements of owner/operator maintenance, managing distractions, multi-engine emergency procedures and training, and the startle response to emergencies. Factors that contribute to Loss of Control accidents include; pilot proficiency, Aeronautical Decision Making (ADM), inadequate hazard identification and risk assessment, hazardous operational environments, and human factors."

For those who didn't click the link.

Sure seems like it's just all of the themes in some stories crammed together as a crappy description. Probably one of the stories is something owner maintained had an engine out and it surprised the owner...?

I haven't watched the video but I've known owners who are very capable and proficient at working on their planes and owners who would be dangerous changing a light bulb at home.
Can't paint 'em all with the same brush.

I ran across a set of YouTube videos that sounded a lot like that. The point was dealing with an emergency. That it happened to be in a multi with a botched oil change on one engine was background.

Back