Sure ocifer. It is good to be a pilot.

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Courtesy of http://bash.org/?quote=758379 # 758379 (NSFW language)

we're on our way back from partying in NYC over the weekend ... it was like sunday afternoon we're headed back west
we're cruisin... maybe 130-140mph
flew past a trooper on the side of the road
trooper lights up ... siren blasting ... chasing us down the highway
we're both like should we stop ... there's no way he can catch up to us
we decided to be good and stop
cop catches up to us ... comes out gun drawn ... ****ed as hell
walks up to the side of the car and goes
"SON CAN I SEE YOUR PILOT'S LICENSE"
Jason pulls out his 'ing pilot's license
cop's jaw hits the 'ing ground
most stunned face I've ever 'ing seen
in this practically a whimper goes "get the f out of here"
no ticket... too embarassed apparently
I'll never forget that day long as I live
I was sure we were goin to jail

They do fly. Not me, bud.
http://www.ghostridermovie.net/start.html

Nice.

For the record my last Crown Vic did 146mph straight and level. Guess who I was chasing when I found that out?

I learned a long time ago not to talk **** to suspects, they were always better at it than me and I ended up looking stupid.

All that aside if I stopped someone going that fast and they had the gumption to hand me their pilots certificate with a grin on their face I''d probably let them off too.

Nice.

For the record my last Crown Vic did 146mph straight and level. Guess who I was chasing when I found that out?

I learned a long time ago not to talk **** to suspects, they were always better at it than me and I ended up looking stupid.

All that aside if I stopped someone going that fast and they had the gumption to hand me their pilots certificate with a grin on their face I''d probably let them off too.

Sweet, I can still pull away, albeit barely, on my rice rocket.
I remember being inside at a State Police post and the officer I was talking to saw I had a helmet, asked what I rode, and I told him. He asked how fast it goes. I looked him straight in the eye, and deadpanned, "I wouldn't know sir, I never go over the speed limit." He looked at me for a second and then just about died laughing.

We then talked about some of the chases he's had, and what their cutoff is for pursuing bikes.

I've been 155 on the Alcan in my '95 Impala SS. All it has is a set of headers and a cat back on it. It sticks to the road like glue compared to my '70 Chevelle SS that floats at ~140

I've been 155 on the Alcan in my '95 Impala SS. All it has is a set of headers and a cat back on it. It sticks to the road like glue compared to my '70 Chevelle SS that floats at ~140

OK, now technically, that last part is true- a '70 Chevelle does float at 140... as well as 130, 120, 110...

...but seriously, what rear-end do you have in that Chevelle that you get 140 out of it?

I remember being inside at a State Police post and the officer I was talking to saw I had a helmet, asked what I rode, and I told him. He asked how fast it goes. I looked him straight in the eye, and deadpanned, "I wouldn't know sir, I never go over the speed limit." He looked at me for a second and then just about died laughing.

We then talked about some of the chases he's had, and what their cutoff is for pursuing bikes.
When I was in college I was into high performance bikes, and my buddy had a just-introduced KZ1000. He was screaming around Madison one night and a cop got on him. Racing this way and that, going through some back yards, he ditched the cop and found his way to another friend's house. He stashed the bike behind the house and he and the other guy sat on the front porch talking. A few minutes later, a cop pulls up and approaches them.

"You guys see a black motorcycle come screaming this way?"

Suddenly the front door opens up behind them and the other friend's dad steps out of the house and says, "Yeah, it was that kid right there."

OK, now technically, that last part is true- a '70 Chevelle does float at 140... as well as 130, 120, 110...

...but seriously, what rear-end do you have in that Chevelle that you get 140 out of it?
The previous owner had driven a lot of Highway miles so he swapped the gears out for 2.73 gears

I was returning home from a long day of music rehearsals, and during a lengthy drive was within 10 miles of bypassing Wiscasset Airport. My little Chevy S-10 truck has license plate N7872G, and a bumper sticker on the tailgate, "My other truck is a Cessna C-172L Skyhawk at Wiscasset Airport"(with a picture of the plane on the sticker). And I was wearing my usual Twitchell's Airport hat which has a Cessna plane on it and my plane's tail number.

Apparently, some attentive motorist had observed me weaving and had reported same. I got blue-lighted, and stopped my vehicle. After the usual question and answer period the officer said, "Have you had anything to drink?" Without hesitation I said, "Not a chance. I have too much tied-up in flight lessons, plane and hangar to screw around with a single event that could foul-up the whole works."

He smiled and said, "You're probably just overtired. You're free to go; just keep your attention on that center line."

HR

Jean Lindamood was once an editor or something at "Car & Driver" magazine. She and a friend were once zipping along, when the lights came on. Her girlfriend knew Serbo-Croatian, and had taught Lindamood some of the usual conversation phrases ("How are you?" "when is your birthday" &c). As the cop walks up, they start conversing in S-C, all these phrases, in ever greater hysteria, or so it seems to him. He listens momentarily and, shaking his head, just walks off. They got off clean.

I personally have only hit the Century on my now basket-case Honda V45 Sabre (1983 vintage), and 95 in my 2000 S-10 Extreme.

Later!

I had my old Honda up to 118, and averaged 110 in it on a trip from Ames to Milwaukee. :D

I haven't even come close to testing the limits of my Volvo, but I have had it over 100... By accident! :hairraise: :goofy: Turrrrrrrrbooooooo. :D

I had my old Honda up to 118, and averaged 110 in it on a trip from Ames to Milwaukee. :D

I haven't even come close to testing the limits of my Volvo, but I have had it over 100... By accident! :hairraise: :goofy: Turrrrrrrrbooooooo. :D
Would this be the four-wheeled Volvo or the ten-wheeled model? :)

Would this be the four-wheeled Volvo or the ten-wheeled model? :)

My four-wheeler's a Volvo S60 T5.

s60_ext_900x373_00105_08.jpg

I wish I drove a Volvo (pref. 780) for work. They are way smoother and quieter than anything else on the road.

Volvo-VNL-780-090705-06.jpg

Unfortunately, I drive a Freightshaker.

thatsatruck.jpg

My brother has a tractor and three reefer(?) boxes in Page, AZ. He's been the milk & cookie man to the area's Reservations for 25 years. He decided to get out of being a distributor, preferring to drive for an employer. So he was on his way to an interview in St. George, Utah. He relates that he was cranking along at about 95 in his full-dress Silverado when he got blue-lighted. "Aw, cripes; I don't need this," he was thinking. The officer, of course, quickly recognized whatever class license it is which permits Andrew to operate 5-axle, doubles and triples.

"What's the hurry, Mr. Browne? Where are you going?"
"Job interview in St. George."
"A speeding ticket wouldn't be good on your record, would it?"
"Nope."
"Get out of here, at a prudent speed."

Another LEO with compassion. Of course, there are many.

HR

Nice.

That must have been one hell of a Crown Vic.

I've done a number of ridealongs growing up with my step dad. None of the Crown Vics they had would ever get even near that. They also had LED lightbars which were a *lot* less drag and there is still no way in hell they'd get to 146.

Some of them 115. Some of them maybe 120.

Perhaps you had an older more souped up Vic without any lights at all?

I guarantee you that there aren't many squad cars out there you wouldn't absolutely leave in their dust. You will be ripping through 90 mph before they are through 30.

They may have radios but those radios don't do them much good when they can't see you anymore.

Know the area. Do not stay on the same road for long. Beat the **** out of the bike and get it up deep into the triple digits. Wait until there is no way they can see you anymore and turn left. Whatever you do don't turn into town or down a dead end.

If you're not dumb and you know how to ride the bike they'll only see you once and the chase will be over in a matter of a few minutes.

If you want to get really creative wire all your lights onto a toggle switch that you can turnoff.

On the other hand. It's really not worth running. You'll feel like **** if they kill themselves or someone else trying to keep up.

On the other hand. It's really not worth running. You'll feel like **** if they kill themselves or someone else trying to keep up.

I've only ran twice, got away both times, and never on my bike. The first time I was following someone on a 2 lane 55'er and the person would not go more than 40mph. It was hilly and I couldn't pass. So we got into town, where it goes to 4 lanes, but speed limit goes down to 25. So I move over, and figure I can go 30 to get around the person. No. They speed up. I go to 40, they speed up, I go to 50 they speed up. Finally I'm at 65 trying to get around them because I know I have another 15 miles of hilly unpassable 2 lane road in front of me when there's a cop parked on the curve pointing straight at us. Well hell, I am screwed if I get caught doing 65 in a 25, so I just push the pedal all the way down and get out of the cop's sight, make a hard left on the next road in front of traffic, the traffic I turned in front of follows me, and in the rear view mirror I see the cop hauling-ass on the road I *was* on. I went down a mile, paralleled the road I was on for a few miles, and then got back on it. Never did see the cop.

The second time I got away I was doing maybe 10 or 15 over in a 35 in my Z28, the cop was going the other way, and I saw him make the u-ey to come after me. Put the pedal down and got through an intersection and across the RR tracks. Cop had to delay going through the intersetcion and by the time he got throuth the lights came on and the gates started to drop at the railroad crossing. Cop got stuck on one side, and I continued on.

My four-wheeler's a Volvo S60 T5.

Unfortunately, I drive a Freightshaker.
I recall a Limbaugh show a few years ago when a guy started with, "Ninety-five thousand dollar Volvo dittos, Rush!" Rush is asking, "What Volvo cost $95,000?!?!" The responded with something like, "One that can carry a whole bunch of little Volvos."

I drove a Freightliner straight truck for the Denver Amway warehouse for a while. It wasn't the best handling but at least it had power. The dang International I got stuck with a few times had a governor on it... that made it worthless for climbing mountain passes.

That must have been one hell of a Crown Vic.
Had the Mustang 5.0 liter engine package (and performance chip) and a low profile strobe light bar. Apparently the department administration had mistakenly ordered them. Most come with the 289. I'm not sure you can even get the Mustang engine in a crown vic anymore.

We are getting some performance reports out of the new Dodge police package. Better be careful about running from them too :yes:

Last edited:

15 minutes after I write that post.. I get pulled over

65 in a 55. Ugh. I'm sure it'll be an easy $150 ticket...

If a cop is going to give me a ticket--fine. But please to hell don't give me a 15 minute lecture about slowing down for going 65 in the middle of nowhere.

Thankfully it will not appear on my driving record. A ticket for 65 mph or less in a 55 mph zone in Minnesota does not go on your record.

Last edited:
I recall a Limbaugh show a few years ago when a guy started with, "Ninety-five thousand dollar Volvo dittos, Rush!" Rush is asking, "What Volvo cost $95,000?!?!" The responded with something like, "One that can carry a whole bunch of little Volvos."

Heh... Well, that one I posted a pic of will run more on the order of $175,000. :hairraise:

Even the Freightshaker (cheap plastic truck) costs us $117,000 when ordered in quantities of a hundred. :eek: Just an engine will run $20K (well, that's for a Cummins. Don't know what our Mercedes engines cost. Yes, my truck has a Mercedes engine.)

I've only ran twice, got away both times, and never on my bike.

Only once for me, in the ol' Honda. I was on I-94 Westbound near Waukesha, WI. It was a beautiful spring day and I was in a good (read: fast) mood. Until I came around a curve in the left lane and there was a state trooper parked on the left shoulder next to the concrete barrier so I couldn't see him 'til I was right next to him.

"Aw, ****." But then, I see... "Exit 3/4 mile." :D Pedal to the metal, scream through traffic, cut over to the exit. I took a right, punched it again, took another right into an office/industrial park (lots of buildings to hide me) and looped around to look like a guy in a horror movie checking to see if the monster's dead. The trooper was on the exit, but he took a left. :D

Phew!

If a cop is going to give me a ticket--fine. But please to hell don't give me a 15 minute lecture about slowing down for going 65 in the middle of nowhere.

That's one of my training pet peeves... you either write, or lecture..not both. A rookie of mine would always get his/her rear end lectured if they did both.

That's one of my training pet peeves... you either write, or lecture..not both. A rookie of mine would always get his/her rear end lectured if they did both.

heh. well I don't think he was the smartest cop ever. He did all of his lecturing standing between his squad and my car as I stood way off onto the shoulder.

I..do not like standing between two cars on the shoulder with a bunch of cars whizzing by. I can't help but think of that video on COPS where the trooper asked the lady to step off to the side right before his squad was smoked from behind into her car.

He also wasn't aware of the Minnesota law that a 65 mph in a 55 mph would not go on your driving record. As a bunch of his lecturing was about how my insurance was going to jump due to this going on my driving record. I was not about to inform him though that it wouldn't go on my record for fear he'd change the ticket to a 66 mph in a 55 :)

Had the Mustang 5.0 liter engine package (and performance chip) and a low profile strobe light bar. Apparently the department administration had mistakenly ordered them. Most come with the 289. I'm not sure you can even get the Mustang engine in a crown vic anymore.

Well you CAN get the Crown Vic engine in the Mustang. :D

My 97 has the 4.6L, which I heard is the Crown Vic engine.

More likely, Ford makes one V8 block and uses it where they can.

Back