Super Bowl

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Sorry Bears fans. Better luck in Super Bowl LXIII. :D

I'm glad Peyton finally got himself a big championship. Tony Dungy too. Da Bears will get their chance.

Now, since I didn't get a chance to actually WATCH the game, I want to know... What was everyone's favorite ad? I mean, that's the best part of the Super Bowl.

Attachments

• 06 The Bears Still Suck.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
kent,

there were these ads for some careerbuilder.com that were just hilarious. people fighting with office supplies. and then the budweiser ad with the english as a second language class:

"What do you say if someone asks you for a bud light"
"Me no speak english!"

:rofl:

I liked the bud with the Dalmation....or the dog that pretended to be one....pretty cute.
Shoot I already can't remember the rest...seems like the beer ads are always the best!

I thought the ads were dissapointing over all which has been trend for the last few years. I liked the mouse ad.

Sorry Bears fans. Better luck in Super Bowl LXIII. :D

Q: What would you do if you saw a Green Bay Packers fan walking towards you with a bleeding wound?
A: Stop laughing, reload and shoot again!

Q: What is the difference between Bill Clinton and a Green Bay Packers fan?
A: Bill Clinton can score.

Q: What do Green Bay Packers fans use as birth control?
A: Their personalities.

Q: What do you call a Green Bay Packers fan with an IQ of 10?
A: Supremely gifted!

Q: What's the difference between a Green Bay Packers fan and a broken clock?
A: Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

One day 2 Green Bay Packers fans were doing a crossword puzzle.
The first Green Bay Packers Fan turns to the second Green Bay Packers fan and says "Old McDonald had one of these?"
"Ya Hey, I know" says the second Green Bay Packers, "It's got to be a farm".
"Cimeny, How do you spell that?" asks the' first Green Bay Packers.
"E-I-E-I-O" says the Green Bay Packers Fan.

Two Green Bay Packers fans are flying with a farmers herd of sheep to a new farm.
Suddenly, the plane engine fails and it rapidly descends towards the ground.
Green Bay Packers Fan 1: Quick! Grab a parachute and jump!
Green Bay Packers Fan 2: What about the sheep?
Green Bay Packers Fan 1: F___! the sheep!
Green Bay Packers Fan 2: ...(pause)... Do you think we have time?

Q: How do Green Bay Packers players spend the first week of training camp?
A: Studying their Miranda Rights

BTW Kent how is that loosing record between the Bears and the fudge Packers doing? How many games behind are you guys now, 10 20?

I Tivo'ed it ... the irony struck me part way thru ... I was fast forwarding thru the game and watching the commercials ... I liked the Taco Bell with the talking lions, the "no speak english" bud light, but in general, none stood out enough to recall as awesome.

Far better to lose the Super Bowl and wake up in Chicago than to live in Indianapolis and win.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinberg/243080,CST-NWS-stein05.article

And Richard Roeper says Chicago has a better championship record in the last 20 years than other city, including New York. Remember a team called the Chicago Bulls?

Let's take a look at the records of some sports-rich cities in championship finals over the last quarter- century.

San Francisco 49ers/ Giants: 4-2

Philadelphia Eagles/ Phillies/76ers: 2-7

Boston Red Sox/Celtics-New England Patriots: 6-5

Houston Rockets/Astros: 2-2

Dallas Mavericks and Cowboys: 3-1

St. Louis Cardinals/Rams: 3-3

Los Angeles Dodgers/ Lakers/Raiders: 10-7

New York Yankees/Mets/ Giants/Knicks: 7-7

Chicago Bears/Bulls/ White Sox: 8-1.

Until Sunday, we hadn't had the experience of getting to a championship series or game in football, basketball and baseball and not winning the thing since the 1959 White Sox lost to the Dodgers in 1959.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/roeper/243392,CST-NWS-roep05.article

I have to admit I laughed my arse off at the K-Fed commercial, where he comes back to reality to find himself slinging fries...

What continues to get me how quiet we are about the continued TFR propoganda.

Katie Couric and other reporters were repeatedly given tours showing the Blackhawk helicopters and the F16s and hey, The Department of Homeland Security has its own helicopter. The cop specifically said that those dangerous banner towers would not be there.

The NFL hype machine has positioned this with two goals, one more for the "This is the most important event in the history of the world" hype, and they reinforce the ban on banner towers. CBS even said they were going to use a camera in a police helicopter because the blimp is banned.

In the meantime they show the streets and parking lots full of huge trucks which actually ARE a threat.

BTW, CBS's production was a disaster, They didn't have any lens cloths to dry the cameras? How many guys sat in front of their new 60 inch HDTVs only to have it look like it was full of smoke?

Also WBBM-DT in Chicago has the absolute worse digital signal in the country. Even after tuning the antenna to get a signal in the high 60s, I gave up and made sure to put the TiVo on PBS so the NFL and CBS didn't get any of their precious ratings from me.

Amateurs.

Last edited:
Far better to lose the Super Bowl and wake up in Chicago than to live in Indianapolis and win.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/steinbe...tein05.article

Ouchh... that almost hurts.... but I find it kind of funny that the "Indianapolis Colts" (ignoring the days before 1984) now have just as many SB wins as the Bears do...

and it's also pretty sweet that "Duh Mare" now has to make good on his bet with Indy Mayor Bart Peterson.... double-whammy... Colts win and "Duh Mare" loses....

First sierra mist with the comb over, and I liked the one with the robot from gm getting fired.
Joe

I thought the Robert Goulet commercial was by far the funniest of the night....

Pete

First sierra mist with the comb over, and I liked the one with the robot from gm getting fired.
Joe

yea the robot suicide one was pretty good. at first I thought it was an ad for auto workers union. It easily coulda been.

BTW, CBS's production was a disaster, They didn't have any lens cloths to dry the cameras? How many guys sat in front of their new 60 inch HDTVs only to have it look like it was full of smoke?

yea it was pretty bad. I guess the rain on cameras didnt bother me, but it did ruin the clarity. there was at least one play that was missed due to a commercial. thats just no good.

I'm glad that this Superbowl was not played in a dome. Football is an outdoor game and the weather should play a factor. I would like to see the next Superbowl played in the snow and/or mud. :yes:

You should have watched the history of the aluminum can which was on during the first quarter. It was way interesting. Did you now that by changing the edge on the top of can from 90 degrees to 45 degrees they saved enough Al to make almost 2 million more cans a year? Or that 30% of the cans made these days come from recycling of Al? Lastly, that the amount of metal in a can from the 1970's now makes 10 cans today?

yea the robot suicide one was pretty good. at first I thought it was an ad for auto workers union. It easily coulda been.

That one was good, and a good reminder - it's true; GM is building good cars these days.

I say play the Superbowl ouside and in the cold...How 'bout having it in Green bay or Buffalo. Now that would be one heck of a game :)

Pete

I'm glad that this Superbowl was not played in a dome. Football is an outdoor game and the weather should play a factor. I would like to see the next Superbowl played in the snow and/or mud. :yes:
Which brings on my prediction: When the (stuff) hits the fan about the TV coverage, the NFL in it's usual bureaucratic fix-the-last-problem mode, will announce that no future Super Bowl will be open to the air. They'll play in domes and roofed stadiums only. Or they won't announce it. They'll just happen to only pick closed and closable stadiums for future Super Bowls.

Remember you heard it here first.

Which brings on my prediction: When the (stuff) hits the fan about the TV coverage, the NFL in it's usual bureaucratic fix-the-last-problem mode, will announce that no future Super Bowl will be open to the air. They'll play in domes and roofed stadiums only. Or they won't announce it. They'll just happen to only pick closed and closable stadiums for future Super Bowls.

Remember you heard it here first.

Mike. I don't doubt it. So much for having a Superbowl in a city with an open air stadium like Philly, Denver or Chi town. Sigh....:(

probably wont ever have superbowl in a winter climate. gotta be able to sell those 2000 dollar tickets. while snow makes for a good football game, IMO, apparently some people dont like sitting outside in it? :dunno:

as much as I've been belly-aching about the weather here lately, had they played in Denver it would have been great football weather! Sunny, high 30s and finally, no wind!!! But there have been a few games I remember seeing at Lambeau Field, Vikings Stadium, perhaps a Lions home game where they played in a blizzard? White out conditions... more than a few passes were attempted under IFR...

yea it snows pretty hard in the Metrodome... :D
c'mon ... back in the good old days... perhaps even before your time? :D Since when do the Vikings have a covered dome? The last time I was on the field was 1976... as part of the South Dakota State Marching Band. There was no roof but the beautiful Minnesota blue sky at that time.

c'mon ... back in the good old days... perhaps even before your time? :D Since when do the Vikings have a covered dome? The last time I was on the field was 1976... as part of the South Dakota State Marching Band. There was no roof but the beautiful Minnesota blue sky at that time.

It was after that. probably around the time I was born :D

It was after that. probably around the time I was born :D
Ouch! Will you look at that? It's time for my Geritol again!
The coolest thing about Alzheimer's is you get to hide your own Easter eggs! :rolleyes:

probably wont ever have superbowl in a winter climate. gotta be able to sell those 2000 dollar tickets. while snow makes for a good football game, IMO, apparently some people dont like sitting outside in it? :dunno:

Detroit hosted it last year Indy has officialially put in their bid to host the 2011 SB, so we will see... of course Lucas Oil stadium (which they are still building to replace the RCA dome) will be retractable roof...

One day 2 Green Bay Packers fans were doing a crossword puzzle.
The first Green Bay Packers Fan turns to the second Green Bay Packers fan and says "Old McDonald had one of these?"
"Ya Hey, I know" says the second Green Bay Packers, "It's got to be a farm".
"Cimeny, How do you spell that?" asks the' first Green Bay Packers.
"E-I-E-I-O" says the Green Bay Packers Fan.

Oh sheesh. You think a Cheesehead wouldn't know how to spell FARM?

C'mon now, Packers players are generally very upstanding individuals, especially since the beginning of the Ron Wolf days. That's one of the things I like about 'em. You hardly ever hear "Packers xxx so-and-so was arrested today for..." In fact, you don't hear of many contract disputes either. The only ones I can remember in the last 12 years were Dorsey Levens and Javon Walker.

BTW Kent how is that loosing record between the Bears and the fudge Packers doing? How many games behind are you guys now, 10 20?

I think it's only two or so. I remember it being even a year or two ago right before Da Bears beat us.

You know what's weird is that the last few years, it seems like the Bears always win at Lambeau and the Packers always win at Soldier Field. :dunno:

Last edited:
You should have watched the history of the aluminum can which was on during the first quarter. It was way interesting. Did you now that by changing the edge on the top of can from 90 degrees to 45 degrees they saved enough Al to make almost 2 million more cans a year? Or that 30% of the cans made these days come from recycling of Al? Lastly, that the amount of metal in a can from the 1970's now makes 10 cans today?

When was that shown? Or were you watching a different station?

We moved our son's HDTV to the family room for the game. We were wondering about why they didn't wipe their lenses, too. And, the refresh on pictures was so bad at times that I was questioning the utility of over the air digital TV for sporting events. New scene, noticeable time to clear up the picture as the updates come in. Give me a break! I'll stick with my analog TV, thank you very much. But I did like the big screen. :yes:

I Tivo'ed it ... the irony struck me part way thru ... I was fast forwarding thru the game and watching the commercials ... I liked the Taco Bell with the talking lions, the "no speak english" bud light, but in general, none stood out enough to recall as awesome.

I forgot about the lions. That was funny.

Shouldn't that have been Tank Johnson of Chicago? Typical uw husky.

Shouldn't that have been Tank Johnson of Chicago? Typical uw husky.

True this year but I was thinking more about the fudgepacker's QB, Fabre' and his drug habit.

BTW I heard a joke once about the Dallas Cowboy old coach. He got busted form something (DUI?) and as part of his sentence he was not allowed to associate with felons or other criminals. At the time there were people meeting this description on the Dallas Cowboy football team. Wonder how that worked out for him.

When was that shown? Or were you watching a different station?

That was on a different station. I am not much of a football fan. I was not super excited about this game. Yeah, it would have been nice to see Chicago win, but I was not going to loose sleep over it. I really do not like American style football. Too slow and way too boring for my tastes it is almost as bad as baseball.

Given the discussion in the "Welcome Ashley" thread, I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Snickers commercial. Funny as all get out, but kinda disturbing on several levels....

Given the discussion in the "Welcome Ashley" thread, I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Snickers commercial. Funny as all get out, but kinda disturbing on several levels....
egggggg 'zackly ... I laughed, I cryed, I cringed, and then I just kinda threw up a little ... :rofl:

According to Wikipedia, construction of the HHH Metrodome began in December of 1979.

True this year but I was thinking more about the fudgepacker's QB, Fabre' and his drug habit.

Oh gimme a break.

The guy was addicted to painkillers. After being in a bad car wreck and having most of his intestines removed and then having big burly guys smash into him and throw him to the ground repeatedly...

... Well, I would be too! At least he was honest, admitted it, got treated, and we haven't heard a thing about it in the 12 years since, except for from Bears fans. :rolleyes: ;)

You want Miranda rights, how about the Cowboys or the Raiders?

Oh gimme a break.

The guy was addicted to painkillers. After being in a bad car wreck and having most of his intestines removed and then having big burly guys smash into him and throw him to the ground repeatedly...

... Well, I would be too! At least he was honest, admitted it, got treated, and we haven't heard a thing about it in the 12 years since, except for from Bears fans. :rolleyes: ;)

You want Miranda rights, how about the Cowboys or the Raiders?

Actually I am not a Bears Fan nor a Packer fan. It is just that I got sick and tired of the abuse when I worked in Milwaukee that I feel I have to give something back to the cheesers. ;) Really I would be paying for something, the clerk would see my Illinois DL and say something like "oh, from Illinois are ya, you a Bears fan?" Then go an about the PackAARRGGGG!!!

Tell you what, the next time I see you I'll buy lunch, you like Velveeta and spam sandwiches since you are from Wisconsin right? ;)

I thought that policy to use only warm weather sites was set years ago.

They had the story about he guys who have gone to every SB. They said there was no limo crowd in the old days.

The NFL went for the limo crowd. Hey, I saw that professional freeloader Kato Kaelin was at a party.

The limo crowd does not want cold, much less snow.

I had season tickets the year the Cubs won the division in the 80s. I never saw so many limos until those playoff games. Somehow all of those folks were able to get tickets. :rolleyes:

Back