Super Bowl who cares

Jealousy over other people's Wealth is a growing problem in America.

And what about busybodies who don't want to let people make their own choices about what to do with their lives, and accept the consequences of those choices? Is that a problem in America?

I'll enjoy watching at least part of the game with friends, and will definitely skip the halftime show.

And what about busybodies who don't want to let people make their own choices about what to do with their lives, and accept the consequences of those choices? Is that a problem in America?

I'll enjoy watching at least part of the game with friends, and will definitely skip the halftime show.

I'm paying close attention during the halftime show. I'm hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.

I wouldn't count on that. There's a lot of people who aren't interested in football that have the same idea. I went to Disneyland on New Years day once thinking it would be slow. Nope.

Yeah New Year's Day is a busy day, but after New Year's Day through President's Day is historically very low attendance.

I'll take the kids to a college game once or twice a year. The games I was most excited about was when my son played in the city league from 3rd-8th grade. It was more fun than I ever thought possible. He's done playing now that the kids are big enough to give each other lifelong injuries.

I got a kick out of the Marshawn news article yesterday. Apparently he's required by the NFL to answer media questions on occasion and he's been fined $100K for not doing so. So they held a press conference the other day to avoid more fines and his answer to every question was something like "I'm only here to avoid a fine." "I'm only here to avoid a fine." "I'm only here to avoid a fine." ...at every question.

The NFL seemed fine with his responses. Personally, I don't think that it should be a requirement, but if it is...fine him again for being a prick with those responses. He's acting like a child, enjoying the attention while acting like he doesn't.

I think the best thing the media could do would be to cut him off 100% and ignore him. Don't ever put a camera on him again outside of game time.

It's weird that they will be playing a game before and after Katy Perry performs. This never happens at the live concerts I've been to. I'm actually not a fan of her, so I won't be watching the free teaser/abbreviated concert this year.

Same thing happened to Madonna, Janet Jackson, U2, Tina Turner, and Gloria Estefan. Maybe I just go the the wrong venues, but they never do that when I go to their shows.

Beer and circuses have always been a staple of basic governance in large population Empire States with labor-surplus-driven, decreasing labor participation rates, such as the case of our declining (some people may utilize the euphemism "maturing") Country. Super Bowl is no different, particularly considering our domestic reliance on the McWage service economy. Nothing new under the sun, nor anything to do with idiots throwing a ball around for money really.

Not being a sports follower of any consequence, this is typically a marked opportunity for me to pray for the safety of those who stand post and do the ugly/dirty work abroad on our behalf in order to allow us the liberty to exercise such inane excesses domestically. That said, just like Xmas, our service economy demands it and so we oblige.

He's acting like a child, enjoying the attention while acting like he doesn't.

I think the best thing the media could do would be to cut him off 100% and ignore him. Don't ever put a camera on him again outside of game time.

This whole thing started long ago, and obviously he'd be fine if they never put him on camera again. I'm not sure why you think he's really enjoying the attention and pretending he doesn't, I think he's explained it fairly well in serious interviews in the past.

Opium for the godless masses. I'll be in church.

Opium for the godless masses. I'll be in church.

tumblr_luz61npxxX1r09ekeo2_500.png

I'm not jealous of their wealth, they earn it by getting beat up. But I don't see why the NFL or anyone else has to bail them out after they fritter away their millions.

If they get injured doing their job, then the employer should take care of it.

What makes nfl players undeserving of equal protection like everyone else?

My mother-in-law is a rabid Seahawks fan, so I'm one by extension. Otherwise I wouldn't care too much. During the SEA-GB game, my wife told me that if the Seahawks lose, we're going to Disney World on Super Bowl Sunday. Apparently it's the slowest day of the year at Disney.

It will not only be less crowded, BUT it will be 80 degrees, or there-a-bouts.

And the teams do pay for health care while the players are employed by the team. But what about claims 20 years after they are no longer employed? Should ALL employers be liable for conditions that surface 20 years after termination of employment?

I'm not jealous of their wealth, they earn it by getting beat up. But I don't see why the NFL or anyone else has to bail them out after they fritter away their millions.

Most NFL players don't get the $100 million contracts..

http://www.businessinsider.com/charts-expose-how-badly-nfl-players-get-paid-2013-9

My friends dad played for 10 years in the 70's, early 80's, long before these huge contracts became the norm. He's battling Parkinsons now related to his playing days. I think he deserves the the NFL takes care of his medical bills.

And the teams do pay for health care while the players are employed by the team. But what about claims 20 years after they are no longer employed? Should ALL employers be liable for conditions that surface 20 years after termination of employment?

My neighbor has mesothelioma (sp). His fomer employer, he has been retired for almost 20 years, is 100% on the hook for his condition. It surfaced within the last five years.

I'm not defending nfl players, but why should the league get to treat their employees like less than full citizens, just because they play a game?

Certainly the league should be taking care of foottball related injuries, as opposed to tax payers.

Most of them are available to watch now. You don't even have anything to look forward to now.

Caught the Today Show yesterday morning. Apparently they have been premiering the commercials all week. Oh well. I will watch them when I get a chance.

David

Caught the Today Show yesterday morning. Apparently they have been premiering the commercials all week. Oh well. I will watch them when I get a chance.

David

I can't understand why the whiners got the Lost Puppy commercial pulled.
I think it's great.

Football? That's the pointy ball, right??

It sure isn't the round white one with funny-shaped black spots!!

I'm not much into "deflate gate." The losers are trying to find an excuse for the hiney-whipping they received, anything other than "we played bad and made more mistakes than the Pats." So says a lifelong Redskins fan, with no skin in that game, nor tomorrow's Bowl, but I'll be watching anyway.

If you don't want to watch it, try one of the 160-odd other channels. And note that there will be much good flying time before the kickoff tomorrow evening. I've taken Super Bowl Sunday flights and made it to a get-together carrying hot food and cold drinks without problems before.

I'm grounded by this fog we are having in my area anyway this morning. Your Ifr guys enjoy

I hope that fog clears up. I'm trying to get home before the TFR and im not instrument current.

What makes nfl players undeserving of equal protection like everyone else?

FC, did Mari steal your login to push her support of protected classes? :wink2::yes:

NFL players should take care of their medical needs with insurance. This BS that the teams sent them wrecklessly to their injuries is a bunch of crap. They knew the game, they signed a contract, and got paid to play.

FC, did Mari steal your login to push her support of protected classes? :wink2::yes:

NFL players should take care of their medical needs with insurance. This BS that the teams sent them wrecklessly to their injuries is a bunch of crap. They knew the game, they signed a contract, and got paid to play.

Yep. I agree. That makes them EMPLOYEES and injuries suffered on the job are job related injuries.

Commercials

puppy bowl for the football challenged

let's see, is there any other "bowl" going on.... hmmmmm.

Previous dog was entranced by Puppy Bowl. The current one thinks the tv is a window and runs outside believing there are dogs on the other side of the 'window' and wants to play.

For those interested, Puppy Bowl half time has the headliner 'Kitty Purry' performing with her backup singers.

Are you sure you're grounded? Technically you only have to be ok with ATC. Not all TFRs are equally prohibitive.

Plus his airport is about as far away from the stadium and still be inside the 30 nm ring. Head SE then south, have a good time.

Yep. I agree. That makes them EMPLOYEES and injuries suffered on the job are job related injuries.

Meaning ..... what, exactly? In addition to having insurance cover their injuries, the teams should be sued? For how much? What is the legal basis for the suit? What did the teams do that is so agregious?

Injuries happen in football. That's life.

...my wife us excited about the commercials...

I usually record the game so that I can watch the commercials, but last year, there was reportedly a decision on the part of many companies to tone down their entertainment value. I guess the theory was that it was distracting from the message, or something like that. As a result, watching them really wasn't worth the effort. I'll record them this year, but I'll see what the reviews look like before deciding whether to watch them.

It's starting to lift. Visability is looking better.
I'm down and clear of the "ACTIVE" 25L and enjoying a 90 shilling .

I usually record the game so that I can watch the commercials, but last year, there was reportedly a decision on the part of many companies to tone down their entertainment value. I guess the theory was that it was distracting from the message, or something like that. As a result, watching them really wasn't worth the effort. I'll record them this year, but I'll see what the reviews look like before deciding whether to watch them.
Haven't you heard of the internet? All the commercials have been released and have been going around the net for over a week. Don't record anything and save your VHS tape for something else.

Haven't you heard of the internet? All the commercials have been released and have been going around the net for over a week. Don't record anything and save your VHS tape for something else.

I record to a hard disk.

So, how are the commercials? Are they worth watching this year?

Last edited:
I record to a hard disk.

So, how are the commercials? Are they worth watching this year?

Not really. There are always so many expectations. They dont seem to live up to the hype anymore. The glory days are behind us.

Meaning ..... what, exactly? In addition to having insurance cover their injuries, the teams should be sued? For how much? What is the legal basis for the suit? What did the teams do that is so egregious?

Injuries happen in football. That's life.

The nfl exploits their special rights to ignore accepted employment law and ignore injuries that were work related, while other employers must cover them, and get the injuries treated. That is an inside out practice to benefit owners and screw workers.

Equal protection is so racist, I guess.

Last edited:
Since I'm not doing anything else, I checked the TV sched for the SB time. Everyone else except PBS has reruns. Might as well watch. I don't like either team, maybe they'll both lose.

I cannot wait until this silly game is done. I am sooooo tired of all the rabid fans out here. '12' flags everywhere, 97% of the people wearing blue and bright green, hair dyed, nails painted, faces painted. I even have to deal with this crap at work. We have an 'altar' of sorts... complete with "Go Hawks" in blue and green, electric candles, and these silly figure things cut out of the newspaper.

I really couldn't care less, but secretly? I hope the 'hawks lose. That'll shut 'em up.

Back