Super Bowl 2014

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
jy8e4ede.jpg

Homer (reading a telegram): "Project Arcturus could not have succeeded without you. This will get you a little closer to that dream of yours. It's not the Dallas Cowboys, but it's a start. Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast. Hank Scorpio."

(camera pulls out, revealing the Denver Broncos practicing on the Simpsons' front lawn)

(Homer groans) The Denver Broncos!

Marge: I think owning the Denver Broncos is pretty good.

Homer (uninterested): Yeah, yeah.

Marge: Then explain to me why it isn't.

Homer (sighs): You just don't understand football, Marge.

Broncos.jpg

Whoever is playing that shytewit corner from Washington. I really dislike that loudmouth craphead.

since the falcons were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by week #3, I don't really have too much interest in the game. I've always been a Peyton fan, so I'll probably pull for the broncos.

I'm rooting for Seattle. Wilson is a class act.

Congrats denverpilot....

Wow it really sucked to write that...

since the falcons were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs by week #3, I don't really have too much interest in the game. I've always been a Peyton fan, so I'll probably pull for the broncos.

If I have to make a choice it's Denver, I had dinner with Peyton at a Ford function 7-8 years ago and he was a very nice guy, I'd like to see him win and retire.:D And seeing Wes Welker win the Super Bowl after the Patriots let him go would be a bonus. :yes:

Whoever is playing that shytewit corner from Washington. I really dislike that loudmouth craphead.
Yeah yeah, I don't blame ya, he did screw up your winning touch down.

I wonder what it is about cornerbacks? They tend to be loud and obnoxious? Deon Sanders comes to mind, maybe not as loud as Sherman, but for his time he was off the charts. :goofy:

After the testosterone and Adrenalin levels subsided he made a profound apology to the news media.

I believe that you could combine the Testosterone and Adrenalin levels of every one on this board and not have enough to play at his level.

Yeah yeah, I don't blame ya, he did screw up your winning touch down.

Well, I was pulling for Seattle over SF all the way. Then, this kid opened his mouth and changed my mind quickly. Now, I want to see him on the other end of the shyte stick so he can see what it's like to be burned. I think Manning is going to make an example of Sherman. At least it'll be an interesting test.

Well, I was pulling for Seattle over SF all the way. Then, this kid opened his mouth and changed my mind quickly. Now, I want to see him on the other end of the shyte stick so he can see what it's like to be burned. I think Manning is going to make an example of Sherman. At least it'll be an interesting test.

Manning is smarter than Kapernick, he won't be throwing it that direction.

Whatever... the guy showed some emotion.

But why do we have to make allowances, or excuses for a guy who made a decent play in a big game? There were dozens of other moments in the game that were important, and no one is making excuses for the QB, or the center, or the punter for his over-the-top insulting behavior.

I'm not expecting anyone to remain completely flat after a big play, but to strut around and make choke gestures just takes away from the sport in general. I guess there's an element watching NFL that likes it. No thanks, it's why I prefer college ball.

Ever say some thing in the heat of the moment that you wish you could unsay?

Ever say some thing in the heat of the moment that you wish you could unsay?

Not on national tv, with millions watching.

Time and place, amigo, time and place. He can do or say anything he wants in the locker room with the door closed, but you pay for your mistakes in public. He wanted to be the bad-azz for the camera and all it got him was a lot of disrespect for himself and his team. If I was his teammate I'd be pretty pizzed, but I'm not, so I can be pizzed in my small world out here where we understand respect is earned. ;)

But why do we have to make allowances, or excuses for a guy who made a decent play in a big game? There were dozens of other moments in the game that were important, and no one is making excuses for the QB, or the center, or the punter for his over-the-top insulting behavior.

I'm not expecting anyone to remain completely flat after a big play, but to strut around and make choke gestures just takes away from the sport in general. I guess there's an element watching NFL that likes it. No thanks, it's why I prefer college ball.

These same folks went through college and pull just as many shennanigans as the pros. Did you happen to see the Ohio State kid giving a double handed California Howdy to the Michigan crowd?

Kid came out of Compton, graduated from Stanford is arguably the best CB in the NFL today, made a huge play, in probably the biggest game of his life and had been jawing with Crabtree all day. She caught him in the middle of a moment, 15 minutes later and he'd probably have been saying the same ole vague cliched BS script we're used to hearing them repeat.

I hope manning throws to Sherman's side all day. He only made one good play. You know Pete Carroll had to be embarrassed .

I hope manning throws to Sherman's side all day. He only made one good play. You know Pete Carroll had to be embarrassed .

I doubt it. Pete Carroll was the clown that claimed his defense has no weakness.

That was because Kapernick wasn't dumb enough to throw it his way until the end.

Saw on facebook seem to fit :)
1521721_10152166570479100_455575304_n.jpg

These same folks went through college and pull just as many shennanigans as the pros. Did you happen to see the Ohio State kid giving a double handed California Howdy to the Michigan crowd?

Kid came out of Compton, graduated from Stanford is arguably the best CB in the NFL today, made a huge play, in probably the biggest game of his life and had been jawing with Crabtree all day. She caught him in the middle of a moment, 15 minutes later and he'd probably have been saying the same ole vague cliched BS script we're used to hearing them repeat.

Yeah, I did see the replay of that. Pretty sad on all sides, but it seems to be less offensive in college. I also saw Manziel doing his cash-shuffle, and I thought that was rude and immature.

There's a difference that I see. They call it the 'pros', because they get paid for performance. Acting like a college punk is hardly pro behavior. But - that's just me.

I guess there's an element watching NFL that likes it. No thanks, it's why I prefer college ball.

Yeah, watching public colleges make millions on kids who can't get paid to play is great. :rollseyes:

Kinda a tangent but I dislike college ball these days because they're often just using those kids. Some kids really do get a chance to get an education and get out of the hell of poverty, sure.

I think an excellent rule would be if a kid is injured or benched, they continue to pay for the rest of his/her education. No matter how many years it takes. All sorts of bad side effects to that idea, but it'd sure change how they handle "throwaway" players like linemen.

Only good thing is that the closest installation folks have lots of openings that day for us Chicago Bears fans that don't care.

OMG!!!!

Arrogance I guess!

Today’s headline on Fox:

Favre says Manning is 'closest to me' in terms of legacy

I just threw up a little.

Time to kick back ,have a few beers and watch the ads.

If Seattle has any chance, they have to slow play, and keep Manning et-al off the field. Better hope their offense can grind out yards and stay in bounds. Watch for it.

I could not care less - when I was a kid, I might have been interested, but that was so long ago, it was when Dallas had a professional football team.

Long, long ago...

If it's illegal procedure, isn't the play dead?

Pete Carroll has done a better job preparing his team than Fox has, that's for certain.

Broncos - ONE yard rushing in 1st quarter. Zero 1st downs.

Back