Sunday Morning Funny

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I am in the process of removing a sink and replacing w/ a nicer vanity (Somewhere Doc is cringing). I listed the old sink on Craigslist.

Much like on POA, I am a dork in my Craigslist ads too. Maybe you will laugh. Maybe you will put me on ignore. Maybe you will buy my sink. I have no way of knowing how you will respond.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/for/4831797443.html

So has anyone called yet? :)

-Brian

No, and that's the downside to being a dumbass.
People email me to say "I don't need a sink but I really enjoyed your ad."

To which I respond "You enjoying my ad doesn't put money in my pocket now does it? My kids need shoes."

No, and that's the downside to being a dumbass.
People email me to say "I don't need a sink but I really enjoyed your ad."

To which I respond "You enjoying my ad doesn't put money in my pocket now does it? My kids need shoes."

And when you get..."If your kids need shoes so bad, why did you buy a new sink, and then waste time like a bum coming up with such an entertaining ad when you could have been doing something creative to earn you some money?"

Beautifully written ad Bryan. I'm sure Mrs 6PC is so proud :wink2:

Someone needs to employ 6PC... he definitely has too much time on his (dirty) hands.

Don't know how your gonna sell it,if the waters not included.

Don't know how your gonna sell it,if the waters not included.

I feel like the unicorn potential makes up for that.
Plus the sink is no where near TBO and it's always hangared.

Too bad I don't need a pedestal sink. Good deal.

6pc is unemployed. He's selling everything including the bathroom sink.

I actually didn't know there was a market for used bathroom sinks.

It's Craigslist. there's a market for everything.
I'm not unemployed yet. Looks like around 6 months until my company goes out of business. I can still be pretty picky in my job hunt.

The downside is I just lost my best developer so my workload just doubled.

Plus (and doc will be pleased), my new sink is a little nicer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Way to much time on your dirty hands.

All jokes aside...I encounter many individuals who do not wash their hands after a visit to the men's room. A pet peeve of mine.

That's trifling

That is a particularly funny ad. I've never actually done one like that, although I've considered it.

Nicely done! :thumbsup:

Plus (and doc will be pleased), my new sink is a little nicer.

How can you have enough sense to write a very lengthy story about a bathroom sink but yet not be able to post a picture right side up?:)

Not fare you changed it. LOL

Last edited:
A year from now he'll be remodeling again and probably selling another virtually unused bathroom sink.

How can you have enough sense to write a very lengthy story about a bathroom sink but yet not be able to post a picture right side up?:)

That's weird, Must be something on um... your computer.
Looks fine to me.

Ok, I turned it. For some reason when I upload w/ phone, the images show up sideways.

Question for you...who chose the color for the wall? Was that you or the Mrs.?

Reason I ask: prior to buying the house we live in now, there were a few walls that same color and it was very, very depressing. Landlord let us paint. Brightened up significantly, made the place look bigger. Then we bought this house and we have a guest bathroom the exact same color. We were just talking today about changing it, and what was up with that color, as if it's haunting us.

Not knocking you for it! If you guys are happy with it, more power to you, it's your house. Just was curious who picked it, and it's not for us. I wonder if it was some style that came in to where people were using that color.

That is a particularly funny ad. I've never actually done one like that, although I've considered it.

Nicely done! :thumbsup:

IRL, I am quite low key.
In print I refuse to be serious.

We had a problem at work after hours (I am on call indefinitely) with two servers that were out of sync.

User submitted a ticket stating the servers "were not talking".

My comment on the ticket:
"I met with both servers at a mutually agreeable location.
We agreed that the goal was to get both the db server and the app server on the same page.

After some analysis, I was able to determine that the app server got to thinking that the db server was connecting to another app server on the side. There was some suspicion that the DB server might even be synching with another DB server. Yikes!

Its that same old story DB server meets app server, they start synching and over time the data gets old and the app server wants new and exciting data.

Using a few queries I was able to show the app server that the db server had been true and not doing anything on the side. It had just been tired lately and bogged down with work. We came up with a way to offload some of its work to another server and these two boxes are now communicating with one another and seem to be syncing again like nobody's business."

IT work is boring and I try to have fun where I can. My goal this week is to resolve all my tickets in Haiku form. Probably limerick form for more complex solutions.

I tried to answer all tickets via Haiku... once. It proved I am not nearly as creative as I would like to think.

Question for you...who chose the color for the wall? Was that you or the Mrs.?

Reason I ask: prior to buying the house we live in now, there were a few walls that same color and it was very, very depressing. Landlord let us paint. Brightened up significantly, made the place look bigger. Then we bought this house and we have a guest bathroom the exact same color. We were just talking today about changing it, and what was up with that color, as if it's haunting us.

Not knocking you for it! If you guys are happy with it, more power to you, it's your house. Just was curious who picked it, and it's not for us. I wonder if it was some style that came in to where people were using that color.

It was that color when we moved in.
My houses have always been what I refer to as "shades of latte"

My current house is colorful in all of the non entertainment areas. All of the entertaining areas are various latte shades and somewhat formal The rest varies.

We had a play room for a while and each wall was a different color that we had matched from red, green, yellow, and blue legos. That was a nightmare to paint back over when we converted it back to a guest room.

It was that color when we moved in.
My houses have always been what I refer to as "shades of latte"

My current house is colorful in all of the non entertainment areas. All of the entertaining areas are various latte shades and somewhat formal The rest varies.

We had a play room for a while and each wall was a different color that we had matched from red, green, yellow, and blue legos. That was a nightmare to paint back over when we converted it back to a guest room.

Ha! Funny yet cool with the lego walls. My little one loves legos, but they only offer so many sets in Princess Sofia the First colors. Her room is a combination of neon/hot green and neon/hot pink. Gives me a headache, but she loves it.

We usually like white trim and somewhere between a cream and latte in eggshell as you mentioned for the walls. Brighter, more neutral. Brown, dark purple, dark red/burgundy/merlot is really not for us.

Beautifully written ad Bryan. I'm sure Mrs 6PC is so proud :wink2:

I am. I get a kick out of anything Bryan writes. I keep trying to get him to write more. He has a blog he posts on annually. Trying to get him to shoot for two posts this year.

I am. I get a kick out of anything Bryan writes. I keep trying to get him to write more. He has a blog he posts on annually. Trying to get him to shoot for two posts this year.

Hmm what's the blog name? Be a blast to see more stuff :)

I need to have an adventure resulting in injury or humiliation to blog about. I'll go get the ladder.

Back