Sun 'n Fun 2012

I just want to say here that I'm really glad that Sun 'n Fun was last week instead of this week. You know we were really blessed with mostly decent weather. I'm one of those pilots that will look at the area weather for a route already flown and see what I would have done with the current weather if I had to fly the same way all over again. Nashville looks like a crazy convective mess right now and it looks like there is weather drama in Georgia too trying to get through there. I'm scrapbooking my photos from last week and it's nice just playing the weather what-if game on my computer today rather than having to deal with it. :yikes: Just sayin'!

Here are some pictures. I was working the entire time I was there so my chance to get good pictures was limited. They are Aaron Tippin in our booth in front of our new Comet, a really cool 90% Spitfire kitbuilt that sat next door, the Sky Arrow, and Jim Lawrence of Plane and Pilot getting ready to take a demo ride in the Comet. Lots of great stuff to see. Missed the girls at the Pilot Chews and 5 Hour Energy booths.:(

Attachments

• DSC02191.JPG
    DSC02191.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC02242.JPG
    DSC02242.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • DSC02217.JPG
    DSC02217.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC02259.JPG
    DSC02259.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
To all going to SnF... The approach is no big deel at all. Be UP...Listening, & Pay Attention, No Distractions & remember to "follow the leader", from Lake Parker, inbound. Pick up the plane in front of you & it works like a charm. Listen up to the controllers.. Its the BEST VFR approach you will ever do!
See you there. Capt. Gary Ft Lauderdale, Fl

I dunno, having the approach fix about 100 feet off the end of the runway didn't make for a very calm approach. Then again, neither did that gyro off my 10:00, but that wasn't his fault. Not the hardest approach you'll ever do though.

Exactly... Calm & Alert & do a good approach & be prepared to land long or short or... whenever the controller say "set em down"!

Back