Sun-n-Fun 2009

CT Arrow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Adios!
It's been an ugly winter in the Northeast and it's only January! Time to dream bout SNF. I'll be taking the 737 (southwest) and be there from the 23-26th. If there's interest, we can do a POA lunch or dinner meet? Okay, who's going :)

http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content/

Count me in. I'm tired of the snow & cold also. I'm looking forward to wearing shorts and being warm.

Mary and I have SNF 09 on the schedule this year. From Iowa, it usually takes us 6.5 hours to get there -- and 3 days to get back. Or vice versa. The weather is always nasty one way or the other.

One year we were stuck in Nashville for 3 days, under a cut-off low that was spraying freezing rain. It was one of our best vacations, ever, and totally unplanned. Ya just gotta be flexible when traveling by light plane.

More snow here today. Temp is 12. I'm dreaming of Margaritaville...

:smile:

I'm planning to be there. Don't know dates yet but will probably coincide with one of the Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2009 formation clinics. A POA lunch or dinner meeting would be nice.

Mary and I have SNF 09 on the schedule this year. From Iowa, it usually takes us 6.5 hours to get there -- and 3 days to get back. Or vice versa. The weather is always nasty one way or the other.

One year we were stuck in Nashville for 3 days, under a cut-off low that was spraying freezing rain. It was one of our best vacations, ever, and totally unplanned. Ya just gotta be flexible when traveling by light plane.

More snow here today. Temp is 12. I'm dreaming of Margaritaville...

:smile:

If you get stuck here again let me know, we have extra beds.

We haven't been to Sun-n-Fun in a couple of years. We have been talking about going this time.

I agreed to work in a trip to a theme park to get the family to buy in on a Sun-n-Fun trip for me. I was surprised to learn that they liked Sun-n-Fun better!

We haven't been to Sun-n-Fun in a couple of years. We have been talking about going this time.

I agreed to work in a trip to a theme park to get the family to buy in on a Sun-n-Fun trip for me. I was surprised to learn that they liked Sun-n-Fun better!

The wife and I and some friends are looking at going this year. HOWEVER we are going the weekend just prior, 18th-21st. The friends we are going with have done this and they say that is the best time as it is more laid-back, people are just chilling and hanging out without the big crowds and crazy stuff. It is a good way to get "introduced" to the fly-in so he says.

I'm planning to go, but often it's a last minute thing as to which days. A PoA dinner would be great. (Pretty tough to get a group together for lunch at SnF.)

It's been an ugly winter in the Northeast and it's only January! Time to dream bout SNF. I'll be taking the 737 (southwest) and be there from the 23-26th. If there's interest, we can do a POA lunch or dinner meet? Okay, who's going :)

Hey Andy - I will be arriving on the 23rd late morning and leaving on the morning of the 26th.

Sal
N2729V

Hey Sal, Great seeing you at Skyacres! Seem deal with me.. Arriving into Orlando early morning of the 23rd and leaving early morning on the 26th. Trying to get a group together for lunch or dinner.

I wish we could attend.......

Not this year.:frown3: Mary is off work and I have plenty of vacation time, if only this stinking hip was not needing a revision. I'll be thinking about everyone watching the airshows and soaking up the rays while on the mend.:yesnod: I'll be looking forward to all the post sun-n-fun write ups!

Hey Gary - great to see you and Mary at 44N - wish you could join us in Florida.

Andy - I'm arriving in Tampa and I will have a car - we're staying in Lakeland - so we will be mobile. I only have to make 1 side trip to Disney World to see what my daughter does for a living - she's Jasmine from Aladdin. :)

Sal

Hey Gary - great to see you and Mary at 44N - wish you could join us in Florida.

Andy - I'm arriving in Tampa and I will have a car - we're staying in Lakeland - so we will be mobile. I only have to make 1 side trip to Disney World to see what my daughter does for a living - she's Jasmine from Aladdin. :)

Sal

LOL! What a great job! And I am guessing free Hopper passes for Mom and Dad? :) Dianna and I love Disney and go every other year.

Stay posted for a get together list...

Any more news on a meet-up? I'll be at SnF on Friday.

Paul

I'm coming up on a day run in a 172 I guess with another guy down here.

Any more news on a meet-up? I'll be at SnF on Friday.

Paul

Let's try this... Friday at 11:30, meet in front of the Gift Shop. We can grab an early lunch and go from there. Post your name if you can make it:

CT Arrow Andy

We plan to arrive at Bartow on Wed PM. We will be working the Beech Aero Club tent in the type club area 11-3 on Friday. Stop by and see us.

Bo and Sandra

On our way now:drink:
You should come by the booth Hanger A-097 and see the grass strip lot specials :eek:

Leaving in a couple hours. Will be working the Hansen Air Group booths N-007 and N-019 near the far west aircraft gate to the flight line. Stop by to say hello.

Mitch

Let's try this... Friday at 11:30, meet in front of the Gift Shop. We can grab an early lunch and go from there. Post your name if you can make it:

CT Arrow Andy

I'll be there Andy (with Loretta) - 1130 Friday - IFO the Gift Shop!

Sal
N2729V

I'm flying down Friday first thing. Will leave Saturday evening.

Lance: Say high to Larry Olson if you see him; he should be there. He was at Gaston's last year in the '58 Baron. If you need his number, let me know so you can link up.

Best,

Dave

Lance: Say high to Larry Olson if you see him; he should be there. He was at Gaston's last year in the '58 Baron. If you need his number, let me know so you can link up.

Best,

Dave
ok, but you need to PM me his number. why don't you fly down to FL and say hi personally :D.

LOL! Yea, thats it! Great seeing you guys. Another great year at SNF. See ya back in Cold Country :)

Hey Andy - great seeing you guys too - Sorry I couldn't give you a lift home but there is only one seat in my new jet.

Attachments

• DSC01336 (1536 x 1152).jpg
    DSC01336 (1536 x 1152).jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 20
LOL! I remember walking past that L-39 and seeing it was for sale. You look good in the seat.. Just what you need! And it's only $385K? I may be off a few thousands buy whos counting, :)))))

Back