Sun Damage

Weird. A long thread on POA and no one tried to tell Tom he was wrong.

(Glad it went well dude)

Pathologist looks at it under a microscope and determines an appropriate mm of normal tissue between the cancer and all margins of the tissue sample. Done during the mohs procedure before closing. If margins not clear they whittle some more and again look for clear margins. that process continues until clear margins obtained. so, they will know and have documentation of clear margins before you leave the office.

Yes, I understand that but how would that apply to a anti-cancer topical application of cream rather than surgical removal?

No excisional biopsy, no margins.
As far as I know. ..

While the FAA typically wants MOHS, I've had removal in clinic, non-MOHS which I submitted the pathology reports showing clear margins and the FAA approved without issue. I was once offered a topical by a dermatologist and declined choosing surgical process due to needing to keep the FAA happy.

While the FAA typically wants MOHS, I've had removal in clinic, non-MOHS which I submitted the pathology reports showing clear margins and the FAA approved without issue. I was once offered a topical by a dermatologist and declined choosing surgical process due to needing to keep the FAA happy.
I am no longer interested in appeasing the FAA, My 3rd class has expired, and have not decided to go Basic Med.

Flying just doesn't have the priority it once did.

I am no longer interested in appeasing the FAA, My 3rd class has expired, and have not decided to go Basic Med.

Flying just doesn't have the priority it once did.

Tom, I understand. I went Basic Med because I was tired of jumping through hoops for a Special Issuance. I posted for others sake who may read this who are still pursuing an FAA medical who may read it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back