Sulley and ATC Privatizaton

Before 9/11, the airlines were responsible for airline security and airports were responsible for airport security. Airports remain responsible for airport security.
I don't know exactly what distinction you're trying to make or why it matters, but access to the secure area of airports was controlled by private security contracted by the airlines according largely to policies of the airlines.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly what distinction you're trying to make our why it matters, but access to the secure area of airports was controlled by private security contracted by the airlines according largely to policies of the airlines.

I make a distinction between the portion of the airport used solely by an airline and the rest of the airport.

I make a distinction between the portion of the airport used solely by an airline and the rest of the airport.
Well that doesn't in anyway affect my point, which was that the airlines wanted control of security so long as it made their existence easier but they didn't have to actually do anything. I think it's fair to assume they'd expect privatized ATC to meet their needs and nobody else's.

Back