Suggestions on Paint Shop

Josh9352

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Josh9352
Hey, My name is Josh I'm 23 years old I work for my dad painting planes, for about 6 years now. We painted full paint jobs before using the owners hangars, for half the price most shops would charge. The owners are very pleased with the work we have done but we mostly stick to small repairs because we do not own our own hangar. Id like to take my dads small business and make it a known shop. I'm stuck on not having the place to paint the planes but we have the customers. Any suggestions?

Located in Houston Tx. But i can settle for anywhere hr to hr and a half away.

find a cheap building on an airport and make plans......and move into it.

There pretty expensive I was trying to look for a small airport out of the city to do some full paint jobs and save up to buy a bigger better hangar.

Ya ill look into that i'm pretty sure that.s best idea thanks for replies.

Remember, whatever you do, don't skimp on the environmental issues. Local governments love cracking down on small companies that aren't letter & verse on the EPA and local rules. We've had two paint shops in Colorado shut down because the cost of complying with the regs.

Ya my dad use to work in California and different states, He tells me all about that stuff he has 30+experience with painting but ya we are always aware of the EPA.

Back