Suggestions for toddler headset?

BellyUpFish

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Backtothesand
Hey guys-

Took my girls for their first trips in the RV the other day.. They've got the RV grin at the age of 4.

Anyone have a suggestion of a quality headset for small heads?

Thanks

I going to throw in a plug for David Clark because they sent me child-size headbands just for asking. They fit my 4 and 7 year olds, not sure about a toddler. I know DC's not super popular around here, but if you have a pair lying around, boom, instant kid headset.

We offer child sizes, and we'll send you the adult parts when they're ready as well. :)

Link is in the sig, let me know if you have questions.

Not to hijack the thread. What did others use when flying with a baby? Or did you even bother?

We went to a local gun shop and got a set of Peltor ear protectors when our daughter was a baby. Six years later, she graduated to a Lightspeed headset. In a few months, she will probably solo with it.

Wrapping their heads in bubble wrap should cover it. Might be a small problem with O2 uptake and CO2 release but a couple of holes should fix that.

Not to hijack the thread. What did others use when flying with a baby? Or did you even bother?

I used http://www.moggiesearmuffs.com for our then 6-month old, and they worked great. When we first put them on she was a little uncomfortable and kept trying to push them off.

But as soon as I started the engine she found she liked having 'em on much better than off.

I going to throw in a plug for David Clark because they sent me child-size headbands just for asking. They fit my 4 and 7 year olds, not sure about a toddler. I know DC's not super popular around here, but if you have a pair lying around, boom, instant kid headset.

Same here.... DC was great!

Wrapping their heads in bubble wrap should cover it. Might be a small problem with O2 uptake and CO2 release but a couple of holes should fix that.

Solution for making the kid quieter...not making it quieter for the kid!

My daughter has been in our C182 and BE35. She takes off her headset after about 10 seconds. She started going on trips at 3 months and she is almost 3.

She does not fly very often, but we have not noticed any hearing problems with her.

If she flew as often as me, I would have her in a headset and duct tape it to her head.

Back