Suggestions for next ATL POA meetup

cleared4theoption

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy
Well, we did Flying Machine and Elevation, I've been looking for another spot...the only ones I found(within a decent distance) are Spitfire Grill at KWDR, Downwind at KPDK(or 57th, but that's kinda pricey)...and one down at Peach State(GA2) called Barnstormers. Peach State is a grass field, and PDK is a pain to get in and out of...so what does everyone think? One of those? Back to The Flying Machine? Or another option?

Greenville Downton, the Runway Cafe.

Also, for me, it would probably have to be August due to Airventure coming up.

Doesn't matter to me. Are there any good spots up in the hills that might be cooler (temperature wise)?

Go ahead and schedule it so I know that I will be busy doing something labor intensive that day so I won't be able to attend....again.

Greenville Downton, the Runway Cafe.

Also, for me, it would probably have to be August due to Airventure coming up.
Greenville would be awesome!
Maybe we could shoot for a meetup in Greenville for August and do a more local one this month.

Doesn't matter to me. Are there any good spots up in the hills that might be cooler (temperature wise)?
I was thinking that as well, but my main resource for on field restaurants is www.fly2lunch.com and it doesn't list any airports up that way...but that doesn't mean there aren't any

Go ahead and schedule it so I know that I will be busy doing something labor intensive that day so I won't be able to attend....again.
Have faith....you may make a meetup some day:wink2:

I've been to the Runway Cafe at Greenville a couple of times. Very nice. August would be good.

I'll put in a vote for Peach State at some point. Grass fields are nice and the restaurant has good food. Besides, there are some interesting airplanes down there.

That said, I suspect that's a tough field for some airplanes in high DA situations. Might be better to wait for October or thereabouts.

Well...how about KWDR Spitfire Grill this month...Greenville next month?

Sounds good. The only Sat. I can make it is the 28th, but don't schedule around me.

Peach State in the fall is a great Idea, I haven't had a chance to go there yet, but I have always wanted to.

It may be a bit far but I love 57A Cafe at FQD.

Back