Subforums for Local Areas or Airports

How would you divide the country without creating too many subforums?
Have to sub-divide half of the planet, actually, since it's Pilots of "America" and not Pilots of the United States! ;-)

Hell if I know. I was just answering your question. :)

The thing is, with too many subforums, each will only have a thread or two each. With too few, we'll have the same situation we have now. We'll also have people bickering about the way they were subdivided.

I also just checked out the "Cool Places to Fly" subforums. With the exception of Airventure, there are not very many threads per subforum. We eliminated all the podcast forums because they were unused except for being spam magnets. No one noticed or cared enough to comment.

Just to let you know, though, this issue is under discussion by the MC.

Would seem to be a natural fit in the Cool Places Fly. Are individual sub forums really necessary, or would enduring threads under one "Local NOTAMs" be sufficient?

How about just prefixing threads with a state or airport code? "TX: fly-in April 9th" or "KFTW: hangar space wanted"?

How about just prefixing threads with a state or airport code? "TX: fly-in April 9th" or "KFTW: hangar space wanted"?
What??? Apply the KISS principle? To an internet forum? naaaaaahhhhhhh it will never work.

All griefing aside, this works for me. But maybe do it as a "tag" like reddit "[Texas] Flying in April 9th" or "[T69] Party at T-Dub's"

What??? Apply the KISS principle? To an internet forum? naaaaaahhhhhhh it will never work.

All griefing aside, this works for me. But maybe do it as a "tag" like reddit "[Texas] Flying in April 9th" or "[T69] Party at T-Dub's"

Exactly... ^^ this.

Frankly, the red board made regional forums and their by and large useless.

Yea, or the enduring thread method, if there is interest it will endure right? Like the So Student Pilots... or the Daily Pic threads.

So, just start a thread call it Podunk Local Happenings, or something. Activity will bring it to the top of the Recents

You can also tag a thread when you start it (using actual tags). The OP is the only one that can add/edit tags on a thread.

Back