Stupid Pilot Cessna 172

I don't think the FAA would invest the time, money, and resources required. Is this even in the US?

I've typed up about 3 replies...Here's the best I can come up with

Why not take your video down and quit playing wannabe internet FSDO detective?

so what is illegal about what he is doing? The regs do not say anything about a specific altitude requirement other than that you cant fly so low as if a power unit fails you cause injury to persons or property on the ground.

boo hoo GETEM! this is an outrage! IM FLUMMOXED!

Well, the loop was illegal. Nothing illegal about his low flying though.

Also, I like the word flummoxed. One of them $5 words.

so what is illegal about what he is doing? The regs do not say anything about a specific altitude requirement other than that you cant fly so low as if a power unit fails you cause injury to persons or property on the ground.

boo hoo GETEM! this is an outrage! IM FLUMMOXED!

You're joking, right?

I'm not endorsing what the pilot was doing. I'd probaby have said something to him had I seen it being performed. Coming out with pitchforks on the internet to deliver him to the FAA??? YGBFSM.

"Stunt flying" drives me nuts. Just like how planes "crash land"

There is nothing illegal about the aerobatics he did other than not having his pax in a chute. And if this is in another country that might not even be a reg.

OP, the pilot in the video you posted is not dangerous. You are dangerous. Stop trying to be an armchair policeman. Could the FAA get him on reckless and careless? Sure they can, but they can probably do that to every pilot at some point. I swear there are so many squares on this forum. Try going out and having a little fun in an airplane sometime. He is in the middle of freaking nowhere buzzing flatlands. Get over it!

There is nothing illegal about the aerobatics he did other than not having his pax in a chute. And if this is in another country that might not even be a reg.

OP, the pilot in the video you posted is not dangerous. You are dangerous. Stop trying to be an armchair policeman. Could the FAA get him on reckless and careless? Sure they can, but they can probably do that to every pilot at some point. I swear there are so many squares on this forum. Try going out and having a little fun in an airplane sometime. He is in the middle of freaking nowhere buzzing flatlands. Get over it!

Well said, Mark.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Those poor shrubs must have been terrified, I can't imagine......:yikes::yikes::yikes:

CRAZY low flying?? Puh-lease. Ag pilots fly a lot lower than that. Yes, some illegal aerobatics. Big whoop. How about all the vigilante safety police out there get a life and let Darwin take its course.

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!

Those poor shrubs must have been terrified, I can't imagine......:yikes::yikes::yikes:

Had to do it

1362599_02bcdea730.jpg

:yeahthat:

Did not watch video...possible that it's an aerobat?

The best way to get shunned in this business is to call the FAA on people...If he is truley an unsafe/dangerous pilot, Murphy's law will eventually catch up with him.

Happens all the time in Africa. Seen guys to barrel rolls in a skyhawk.

Fisrt I saw the video, didn't see anything wrong.

Second why would you want the FAA to get him? It's not like you will gain anything out of it, FAA won't get anything out of it, if you report him you'll just be doing something bad to an incident pilot.

So young people might see this on youtube think hey flying looks like fun, until they read the 'lets help the faa get them' comment. People wonder why ga is dying, pretty obvious to me.

LOL, I know exactly what runway they departed (and the one they landed on, too, for that matter) and the N-Number is visible in the video. Flying low over the Everglades is certainly not illegal. I understand that there is nothing "illegal" about doing aerobatics in a normal category aircraft (I am assuming they were too heavy to be utility). Someone please correct me if I am wrong on that. Of course, lack of chutes is a violation.

Last edited:
You're a moron, go back to driving 54mph in the left lane. :lol:

Now I realize that he is here trolling for views. He has that video monetized. And if it is not his video, as he indicates in the description, then it is not his to monetize.

Could the FAA get him on reckless and careless? Sure they can, but they can probably do that to every pilot at some point.

Just watch me land in a cross wind :)

Nothing wrong with a little good clean fun now and then.

The FAA has been known to burn folks who put on YouTube videos of themselves flying illegally. Many ways it comes to their attention, but at the end of the day, if what is shown is egregious enough, they will track down and fry the pilot. So choose wisely.

The FAA has been known to burn folks who put on YouTube videos of themselves flying illegally. Many ways it comes to their attention, but at the end of the day, if what is shown is egregious enough, they will track down and fry the pilot. So choose wisely.

Actually a pilot's worse enemy is other pilots. Most FAA Inspectors don't have the time or inclination to watch or scour the internet looking for videos of violators. But rest assured your fellow pilots love to call the FAA and say "you gotta see this!" and bring it to their attention.

The same for your activities around an airport. 90% of the time it's your fellow pilot that turns you in for some alleged violation.

Alrighty, you get the Junior G-Man badge :yes:

Why do we even have the FAA when people are so willing to
1) Show the world how stupid they are and
2) Rat their peers out.

The concept of self regulating is to police your own, not turn them in to the police. :mad2:

Back