Student Pilot requesting advice.

PrincessPilotNJ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
WATXNJMA
Are there any websites to practice doing weight and balance? I want to get 100% on my written. Thank you.

Why do you need a website? Do all of the practice problems in whichever study guide you are using and check your answer against the given answer. Do several practice loads for the aircraft you typically fly with different passenger weights and fuel loads and have your CFI check your work. No need for a website.

I think you're best served running scenarios out of the POH of the plane you will be flying for your check ride. You may have to do one of those on your oral.

Start with longhand, before you go to shorthand. I thought it was 'weight X arm = moment'?

Last edited:
Gold Seal has a Weight and Balance section. It isn't one of the free ones, but you can go there and download the resources associated with the lesson without charge.

www.OnlineGroundSchool.com

Also, do not forget Microsoft's Excel product, you can create the formulas and graphs (or I can send you mine) and observe the changes in CG while playing with different numbers. It is pretty useful to see how much you can or cannot move things around the cabin.

Luiz Monteiro has some good w&b simulators to play with. They won't help you specifically learn the questions/answers on the written test, but they'll probably help you to grasp the basics.

http://www.luizmonteiro.com/

If you wouldn't mind sharing the excel formulas that would be much appreciated!!

Also, do not forget Microsoft's Excel product, you can create the formulas and graphs (or I can send you mine) and observe the changes in CG while playing with different numbers. It is pretty useful to see how much you can or cannot move things around the cabin.

I would love that! My email is Princesspilotqt@gmail.com

If you use a website or spreadsheet, will you be able to use that on the test? If not, if I were you, I would just practice hand calculations.

Back