Student certificate

cessna1502978

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Butler2978
Hi all do i need a CFI to sign off to get a student certificate? I have a plane my class 3 med and would like to take the knowledge test after studying of course i see that a lot of programs like Sporty's issues a endorsement to take the exam after there ground school.

Someone has to validate your application - essentially, check your ID and if you can speak and understand English. That someone is an FASO rep, pilot examiner, Part 141 flight school, or a CFI. It doesn't have to be "your" CFI.

https://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/student_cert/

Last edited:
Hi all do i need a CFI to sign off to get a student certificate? I have a plane my class 3 med and would like to take the knowledge test after studying of course i see that a lot of programs like Sporty's issues a endorsement to take the exam after there ground school.
You don’t need to take the exam to get a student certificate. That’s two separate things.

I am aware of that. I just want to get it out of the way since i have my aircraft at a private grass strip and will not be able to fly until april at the least.

Back