Struggling in flight school (private pilot)

I was just thinking the same thing, I don't think the guy has been back.

Often they don’t. We just post assuming someone else will be searching for similar answers and read it.

But the thread is repetitive. Many here are. LOL.

This thread night be nearing the record for most responses before the OP's first response.
also wondering about that.

Often they don’t. We just post assuming someone else will be searching for similar answers and read it.
I feel the same way....in forums of all topics I'm surprised that some folks seem to get angry when threads continue....or when a question is asked that has been asked before in the past....or when it drifts far form the original topic. I think about it like a campfire.... or a bunch of folks sitting around at the airport clubhouse
somebody starts a conversation. Eventually they have to go, but the conversation continues. Somebody else walks up and joins in. It evolves and helps that new guy, as well as helping the other folks in the conversation for either entertainment or for exposure to different perspectives.

this issue of trolling.... could it be "forum admin", like a cruise director purposely going around starting conversations at the various bars around the cruise ship? or more like someone trying to 'waste' time? Either way, it's entertaining!

Reactions: AJS
I found this to be most informative. I am yet to start anything yet but will start ground school and flight training hope in 6-8 months.

The tips for selecting CFIs, perfecting building block techniques and psychology perspectives were appreciated.

I thank the OP for the post though not sure if he has viewed the comments

The tips for selecting CFIs, perfecting building block techniques and psychology perspectives were appreciated.
Asking prospective CFIs about how they use the building blocks and about the syllabus that they will use is an excellent way to start evaluating them.

Since you have several months before you start, I'd recommend a couple of FAA books (free in digital form, inexpensive in paperback) that you can start reading now.

The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge FAA-H-8083-25B (PHAK) and The Airplane Flying Handbook FAA-H-8083-3B (AFH).

The PHAK is all about the things you need to know while the AFH is about how you fly the airplane and the maneuvers you will learn to do. The digital (PDF) versions of both work well on an iPad, if you have one. You can pick up the printed versions from online pilot shops or Amazon.

Spending some of the next 6-8 months reading these books will save you a lot of money when you start your formal training.

Back