Stripe or No Stripe

Wheel Fairings - Better with Stripes?

• Stripes

Votes: 70 69.3%
  • No Stripes

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters
It is in flight, and it looks like the right side of the airplane ... the side with the only door. :hairraise:

LOL holy ****e I didn't see that it was holding on for dear life! I was gonna say, if it was on the ground and looks that big from 3k', we're all in trouble!

It is in flight, and it looks like the right side of the airplane ... the side with the only door. :hairraise:

makes you wonder where it crawled out from, and if it's brother is inside the cabin :yikes:

makes you wonder where it crawled out from, and if it's brother is inside the cabin :yikes:

Makes me wonder what size shot would take the snakes head off without danger of puncturing the tire :)

Note to self: Keep one of those .410 revolvers loaded with 7 1/2 shot in the plane.

Just paint them in the design of the famous Portland Airport carpet. You know you want to. :devil:

nostripe_pdx_zpsoa1dwnyt.jpg

Is there glow-in-the-dark paint? That would be cool and freak people out at nite

Since you still have the original paint (or at least the original scheme), go with stripes. Since the new pants don't have the curved groove along the side, the stripes would probably look better straight.

Mmmm, me likey. How soon will you be selling? I'd like stripes on them please, and the original design is fine by me. :yes:

I've just installed new Wheel Pants on my Cardinal and would like your opinion. The old Wheel Pants had stripes and the new ones don't (yet). ...

I don't remember if I've noted this before, but your Cardinal is only 55 s/n's farther down the production line from mine.

I don't remember if I've noted this before, but your Cardinal is only 55 s/n's farther down the production line from mine.

Yep, I knew that. I went to your site to look at your color scheme and how your spats look now (after your recent paint job), but couldn't find any large pictures to speak of. Can you point me to some of them?

No, what's so bad about them??

Not sure why Ted didn't answer and I'd be interested in his findings, but honestly, most that fly a Cardinal say they like em. Very responsive, light on the controls, etc. The Cardinal has a lot of pitch (and roll) authority and if your speed is too high when you flare, it will rotate the airplane about the lateral axis much quicker than you would expect if you are used to a 172, for instance. If you ham-fist a 177 it can bite you, but if you fly with some finesse, it can reward you. It's stable and holds speed/altitude well, doesn't yaw excessively in turbulence, and is roomy. It does short and soft fields well, but it isn't the best climber. It cruises at speeds appropriate for its horsepower, even though it's quite a bit wider than an Archer, for example. Find one and fly it, you might like it!

Yep, I knew that. I went to your site to look at your color scheme and how your spats look now (after your recent paint job), but couldn't find any large pictures to speak of. Can you point me to some of them?

This is probably the best shot I have of one of the wheel pants. Mine are the original early 70s types though, so I don't know how the design would translate to your newer ones.

IMG_1154.jpg

It is amazing how something as simple as wheel pant stripes can make a difference in the look of a plane. I voted no stripes after going back and forth. To me the stripes, while traditional, make the plane look dated the white pants seem to modernize the look of the plane in general.

If you are going to do stripes I always suggest making your own color. PTI is always open to letting its customers actually formulate their own colors so that they have something that no one else does. Also if you want to give it a name we will through it in our catalog

sean.andrews@ptipaint.com

Nice Cardinal! Definitely one of my favorite airplanes. I had one of my own for 9 years. Mine was an RG but looking at the two pictures I like the one with the stripes. If you have stripes added I would suggest making sure the color matches with that on the plane.

hey wait a minute.........you're in the great state of ARKANSAS!!!!!!!! you fixin to fly east anytime soon? got room for a monkey? familiar with 1AR9? :goofy: :yes: :yes: :goofy:

We're planning on downsizing in three years or so and moving closer to a city, and we've been looking at 1AR9. If we stay in Arkansas, it'll be a contender for sure. Do you have a lot/house there now?

Actually, we're flying SE to Ft Myers, Florida next month, but it'll be a quick blast down and the closest we'll come to LR is Memphis.

.... Do you have a lot/house there now?....

Nope. That's where the monkey is destroying Brian]'s liver and patience.

...Actually, we're flying SE to Ft Myers, Florida next month, but it'll be a quick blast down and the closest we'll come to LR is Memphis.

I mean, this could be PERFECT if no one else steps up between now and then (I'm still holding out hope for simtech). I feel like if if we could get the monkey ANYWHERE east of 55 (runs north/south from N'awlins up thru memphis to st. louis) that we'd have no problems filling any legs from there on out.

oh, and best of luck with your move!

simtech; said:

Back