Stratus Transponder, I Pad ForeFlight, IOS 14 Update- Linking to Transponder

WDD

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Vintage Snazzy (so my adult children say)
I've haven't been able to link my I Pad ForeFlight to a rental plane's Stratus transponder (which uses WiFi, unlike the Garmin which uses Bluetooth) for the past month or so.

Most may have already figured this out, but it has thrown me for a loop for a while and I just wanted to share for anyone else who might have this as well.

When I updated the IOS a month or so ago, it apparently made a configuration change that I wasn't aware of. Even though I had WiFi on, found the Stratus WiFi, and tried to connect, it kept rejecting it. Of course, the rental plane had a bad transponder (never assume), and wrote it up in the rental sheet. After all the rental with the Garmin (Bluetooth connection) worked fine. When I had the same problem in a second rental with a Stratus, I knew my assumption was wrong. Then I found the following

upload_2020-11-28_8-49-43.png

Hope this is of help to someone.

My Sentry did the same thing to me yesterday. First time I’d flown since the iOS update. Figured it out with a quick google search on the ground and back the normal. Pain in the but that’s those changes get made unbeknownst to the user.

Back