Stratus EDG/3i Cutting Out

CT-Pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Drew
Anyone else in here have the Appareo Stratus ESG/3i combo for ADS-B In/Out and have an issue with the Stratus 3i dropping off? Some flights it's fine the whole time, but at other times the WiFi signal just goes away (and the EFB disconnects losing traffic & weather). It will come back on at some point, then drop again. When it drops, I go into the settings for WiFi and the signal (Stratus3XXXX, etc.) doesn't show up. It will pop back up eventually and I can connect, but then it will drop again. Fairly frustrating.

I've messaged Appareo twice through their website with no response whatsoever. Hoping someone else has experienced this and has the fix.

Thanks!

Same symptoms with my 3i setup. Did you find a resolution?

They had me take it out and update/reboot it essentially. Worked for a while, but acting up again. It seems to be an issue with intermittent power, so need to look at the wiring to make sure nothing got chafed or pinched. Also, need to get a more secure mounting solution for it - the installer just velcroed the mount to the side panel, that is fabric on my plane, so the mount flops around a bit.

Next stop is to probably have a Stratus dealer test it to see if there's an internal issue.

Appreciate the reply. Like you, I’ll start with the basics.

I’m having the same issue but with a 2i. The only difference is that when I go to setup it’s always there so just have to reconnect again, however, it is happening every flight often twice. I spoke with the Appareo folks and they told me make sure I have the latest firmware. I do so that is not the issue. It’s getting to be pretty annoying so it would be interesting to know if it something with the “i” versions only or if folks are having similar issues with the versions that have a built in battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the i model. When it disconnects, it does not respond or show up in my list of devices or Wi-Fi available networks until I power off my Avionics Master and turn it back on again.

Back