Stratus and attitude on an iphone?

fiveoboy01

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dirty B
I was messing around with both the other day, I have an iphone 6S plus, and I normally mount it to the left of my panel as a kind of "standby mini gps" to supplement my ipad and 430W.

I can't seem to find any settings in Foreflight to turn on attitude/AHRS to the phone, so I am guessing that it is not available on the smaller mobile devices... but I'm just checking here to see if I might be missing something.

The phone might not be the worst backup AI in an emergency situation, although admittedly I do have an ipad on the yoke.

Reminds me of every experience I had with Sprint. Man they were terrible!

I was messing around with both the other day, I have an iphone 6S plus, and I normally mount it to the left of my panel as a kind of "standby mini gps" to supplement my ipad and 430W.

I can't seem to find any settings in Foreflight to turn on attitude/AHRS to the phone, so I am guessing that it is not available on the smaller mobile devices... but I'm just checking here to see if I might be missing something.

The phone might not be the worst backup AI in an emergency situation, although admittedly I do have an ipad on the yoke.

Unfortunately, not available directly from Foreflight. However, you can download the app "Stratus Horizons" from the App Store and you will get an AI using the stratus built in AHRS.

Also the 6S has a pretty good baro sensor in it, foreflight has a setting to show your pressure altitude too, great addition.

Unfortunately, not available directly from Foreflight. However, you can download the app "Stratus Horizons" from the App Store and you will get an AI using the stratus built in AHRS.

Perfect! Didn't know about this. Thank you!

Dunno about Foreflight, but Garmin Pilot has it built in for the iPhone. I've got an iPad that I mount on the yoke for nav/maps, and a glareshield mount for the iphone. I leave the iphone in traffic mode unless it's IFR, then it switch it to attitude (panel). The GDL39 talks to them both simultaneously.

Neat stuff...

Richman

And the Stratus Horizons app only displays in landscape mode. Really? Stupid.

Back