Stratus 3 question

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
I have never used a Stratus so I'm wondering, is it possible to hard wire or provide a permanent mounting system for the stratus unit?

The ADSB out on one of the two aircraft I'm looking at is provided by a GTX 330ES so the stratus would be an easy and cost effective way to capture the 'in'.

The only way to mount the stratus remotely is by connecting it to a Stratus ES transponder. The stratus 2/2S/3 wires into to the back of the transponder to get power, GPS and ADS-B signals from the external antennas.

The only way to mount the stratus remotely is by connecting it to a Stratus ES transponder. The stratus 2/2S/3 wires into to the back of the transponder to get power, GPS and ADS-B signals from the external antennas.

Thanks!

I did see that connect kit and figured it was for the stratus transponder only. Wishful thinking on my part that I could use it for another. I guess I will update to the GTX 345 and sell the 330ES, if I move on this plane.

It is possible to remotely mount the Stratus with the optional power cord and remote antenna. No need for the Stratus ES(G)(i), which provides the capability as well. Keep in mind that it needs to send the WiFi signal to your portable device.

My Stratus 3 is remotely located in the nose baggage compartment. There is a power source up there and external antenna extensions, so it comes on and shuts off with the battery switch. I never worry about it unless my iPad shows it not being on for some reason.

Cheers,
Brian

I have a SkyRadar velcro'd to the hat rack in the back....it comes on with the master and provides a Wifi signal to the iPad. I have the GTX330ES and it provides out and lights up everything nicely for the iPad "in" using the SkyRadar box.

Attachments

• 098C8616-7121-419E-851A-7893FC7AC51B.jpg
    098C8616-7121-419E-851A-7893FC7AC51B.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 14
  • hat rack.JPG
    hat rack.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 9
I have a SkyRadar velcro'd to the hat rack in the back....it comes on with the master and provides a Wifi signal to the iPad. I have the GTX330ES and it provides out and lights up everything nicely for the iPad "in" using the SkyRadar box.

I didn't see Foreflight listed on the Skyradar web page under compatible displays. .

Back