For Sale Stolen Avionics

Clip4

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cli4ord
It appears a flight school in Dayton Ohio got hit last night and a large number of avionics were stolen. Buyers be aware.

Might help if the avionics taken were posted,so pilots could be leary of underpriced avionics .

I doubt they'll be sold in the U.S. They're on their way out of the country. We have a huge problem with stolen cars in Toronto. None of them end up for resale in Canada but instead are shipped to foreign lands overseas. I'm sure there are dealerships in Dubai or elsewhere with mostly stolen Canadian cars in their inventory.

What type of avionics were stolen?

Shoot, there was another airport hit several months ago to the north of there. We got an alert from the airport authority about it but nothing since.

Greene County Ohio airport. “The avionics that were stolen were primarily the global positioning systems (GPS) and the communications equipment," stated McNutt. "We use them for navigation and also communications with aircraft control, the towers and other operations going on.”

Avionics theft at KGDK

I doubt they'll be sold in the U.S. They're on their way out of the country. We have a huge problem with stolen cars in Toronto. None of them end up for resale in Canada but instead are shipped to foreign lands overseas. I'm sure there are dealerships in Dubai or elsewhere with mostly stolen Canadian cars in their inventory.

When I lived in Long Beach, CA my neighbor had his brand new BMW 5 something stolen. As the police told him, it was either already in a container at the port and its way somewhere, or striped for parts.
They were leaning towards the later. I still can't understand why they chose the BMW when there was a perfect VW van in my driveway with only 200K miles on the clock. Both German cars - right?

I am wondering of the avionics were stolen, or reprocessed. There have been stories.

I doubt they'll be sold in the U.S. They're on their way out of the country.
This. In my experience over the years the majority of stolen aircraft and parts end up south of the border for further disposition.

Is the cobra still there?

Wish I had one in my garage..

1966-Shelby-Cobra-351%20Windsor-Silver-6R62W405622_001.jpg

Back