Stingy millennials to blame for sluggish economy

Regarding the thread title, putting down people in other generations seems to have become a fad lately. The "OK boomer" meme is another example. My attitude is that instead of looking for enemies, we should be looking for allies.

Regarding the thread title, putting down people in other generations seems to have become a fad lately. The "OK boomer" meme is another example. My attitude is that instead of looking for enemies, we should be looking for allies.

That’s the human condition, the tribal mentality. Whether it’s based on age, religion, skin color, wealth, political party...

I like your attitude, unfortunately it’s somewhat rare, we seem more divided than ever.

Tom

Did you catch the fact that the title was a mechanism designed to lure people in so as to argue against that very title?

Did you catch the fact that the title was a mechanism designed to lure people in so as to argue against that very title?
I'm trying to help you in that effort.

It is how some are, I got teased for defending a millennial, because I am a Gen X. Personally I don't discriminate based on age, people can be cool aged 3 or 103.

Not sure if it's millennials but let me just say this about the economy.

Among other things I'm a P2P lender and I have seen the most significant increase in P2P lending defaults since 2008. I'm still in the black for the year, but the last 4 months have seen red. The only other time I saw red in this investment vehicle was 2016 for a single month.

Needless to say I'm re-balancing from this to a Bonanza fund. Once we see a little crash and prices come down... "all your bo's are belong to us" (is that a millennial or gen x reference?)

Not sure if it's millennials but let me just say this about the economy.

Among other things I'm a P2P lender and I have seen the most significant increase in P2P lending defaults since 2008. I'm still in the black for the year, but the last 4 months have seen red. The only other time I saw red in this investment vehicle was 2016 for a single month.

Needless to say I'm re-balancing from this to a Bonanza fund. Once we see a little crash and prices come down... "all your bo's are belong to us" (is that a millennial or gen x reference?)

Probably a "Nintendo/Oregon Trail generation" reference. :)

It is how some are, I got teased for defending a millennial, because I am a Gen X. Personally I don't discriminate based on age, people can be cool aged 3 or 103.
True. But not in between! ;)

"all your bo's are belong to us" (is that a millennial or gen x reference?)

Gen-X.

Aybabtu.png

I was married, my wife passed away, which is why I have a girlfriend at my age. We are actually getting married in July 2020.
My first wife also passed away. It really is kinda amazing the dating scene at our ages. I reached out to someone for advice; and she stated something very interesting. We are all damaged goods. But the damage from losing a spouse can leave you vulnerable to manipulation. So she was emphatic, do not post you are a widow in your online profiles....

I have remarried since, but went with another Gen X (from France no less).

Tim

Congrats to both of you.

I hope to never find myself there.

Back