Stewart Systems

bluerooster

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
shorty
Just a quick question. What fabric is used with the Stewart System? Is it Ceconite, Dacron, Polyester, Razorback, grade A, or what? No mention of specific fabric in the manual. I guess with heat tautening, Grade A is out.

Ceconite and Dacron are trade-names for polyester. I doubt many people use Grade-A cotton anymore, and if they do they have to use dope on it to tauten it. Same with Razorback (fiberglass).

It'll be polyester.

What fabric is used with the Stewart System?
Stewarts can use any of the current fabric brands: Ceconite, Polyfiber, and Superflight. Or any other FAA approved polyester fabric you may stumble across. Its states that in the STC manual. Make sure you have the latest revision as it lists EkoBond as the preferred method to seal the weave which is much better than using EkoFill for that.
I guess with heat tautening, Grade A is out.
Cotton is out because it uses a taunting dope. Stewarts uses non- taunting "dope."
Ceconite and Dacron are trade-names for polyester
FYI: Dacron is the name of the licensed Dupont process to make polyester fabric. Ceconite, Polyfiber, and Superflight are brand names that use the Dacron process to manufacture fabric. Consolidated Coatings owns Ceconite and Polyfiber which are made on the same line but stamped differently.

Stewarts is approved for Ceconite, polyfiber or superflite fabrics.

Currently covering my super cub with superflite 102 and Stewarts.

Back