Sterile Cockpit What Sterile Cockpit

him: I'm very high
her: what are you gonna do?
him: get lower.

lmao!!! most excellent!!!

:eek:
And that is why there were all those "give her headsets with no mic" comments on the one thread. ;)

Man, this makes me really appreciate how great a passenger my wife is.

Is that normal? I don't like wobbly.

Solo is happiness. If I ever get a LongEZ, I'm putting on of thise ice chest air conditioner thingys in the back seat

Looks like that guy just finished his license and brought his SO on her first flight. Landings were safe, but flat and firm, and all left of center. Apparently no passenger briefing. "Is that normal?" She would have fouled her underwear if he set off the stall warning, rather than blast it on flat.

Landings were safe, but flat and firm, and all left of center.

...and that's why you shouldn't post your landings on youtube because there is always some super pilot out there who will critique it.

:D

Enjoyed the video thanks for posting.

That was far too painful to watch through to the end.
He is doomed.

LOL, I just took my new girlfriend for her first flight today so this is very appropriate for me. She was terrified to go, and doesn't like to fly, but thankfully it went a whole lot better than that. She actually had fun and spent most of the time taking pictures. I also only did one landing, and made it a nice smooth one.

At one point she reached out to grab his arm....not a good idea. Obviously nervous, I give her credit.

I think this is the norm for anyone that has been in a small plane for the first time. I've taken two people up before that have never flown before. So many questions, felt like i was on a checkride.

...and that's why you shouldn't post your landings on youtube because there is always some super pilot out there who will critique it.

:D

Enjoyed the video thanks for posting.
You didn't notice the landings freaked her out? Why do more than one on a first flight?

For the record, I may not be a "super pilot," but I've never freaked out a passenger that badly. It sure helps to explain what to expect beforehand.

Man, this makes me really appreciate how great a passenger my wife is.

Mine is pretty great as well. Before I took her up the first time, I explained to her when she could talk and when I preferred quiet. She sometimes over does the quiet and I wish she would talk a bit more but that is better than the other way around. She just watches everything that happens, looks out the window and take pictures. Oh and she always has a big smile on her face.... especially after she touches terra firma once again. :D

This is why the audio panel has an isolate button on it ;).

Last flight my other half fell asleep right after takeoff. Woke them up a few minutes before landing.

It does highlight though that saying some things make passengers nervous just because they don't know what's going on.

"A bit hazy today."

"Is that normal... is there a problem... is everything OK?!?"

Sometimes on first flights less is more from the pilot (although other passengers want to know everything about everything so need to learn your passengers personality.) There was a bit of a feedback loop going on in the video :)

Last edited:
She would have fouled her underwear if he set off the stall warning, rather than blast it on flat.

I was waiting on the edge of my seat for the stall warning to go off during flare to see how she reacts. Darn it!

Speaking of sterile cockpits, there is a youtube channel of a chatchbag who takes his girlfriend up cross country to a grass strip. The poor girl hasn't said more than two words the whole trip and he "demands silence on the approach". Perhaps you guys know who I'm talking about.

From the accents I'd guess this isn't in the states, so there's not the aviation culture that we have here. I imagine aircraft and pilots to be considerably more rare, and inexperienced passengers to be more wobbly. Mrs. Steingar has always been a truly awesome passenger. Spots runways and traffic before me.

I love my wife. She knows when to stay quiet, when it's OK to talk, and asks meaningful questions. After every flight she asks when we're going again. She's learning how to read charts and tune radios appropriately. I want her to take a pinch hitter course. She's thinking about it. I'm a lucky guy.

I wonder if she's like that in the sack. "What's that?" "Is that normal?" "I don't like that." "Why is it doing that?" "I don't know what your doing." "Are you nervous?" "What you gonna do?" "I don't feel sick, which is good."

Sweet baby Jesus!

For a second I wasn't sure if this was a spoof for if that lady was for real!

Worse I've had taking girls flying was one who would put a death grip on my bicep every time we hit even the smallest pocket of air, for the most part pax or student folks don't seem quite as bad as that lady.

I wonder if she's like that in the sack. "What's that?" "Is that normal?" "I don't like that." "Why is it doing that?" "I don't know what your doing." "Are you nervous?" "What you gonna do?" "I don't feel sick, which is good."
The biggest problem is ... I imagined her nagging like that in her accent .... and that would be a huge turnoff. I'd probably get up, get dressed and go get a pint with the lads instead. LOL

I posted that on my Facebook, and my wonderful wife simply commented, "Okay, she's annoying." Love that woman, I do! Hahaha.

Back