For Sale Stec 30A altitude hold for sale $2800

wrighthenry

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
wrighthenry
5c9484b9cd952b44c6a30ebfe176084c.jpg

Selling our Stec 20 altitude hold. Works perfectly in our 182H. Will have better pictures shortly.

$4000 obo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you normally fly at 1500 feet with the control lock in?

Fixed...still, control lock in :)

a) that's the reminder bug
b) who's going to pay STEC for the STC to move it to another tail number?

a) that's the reminder bug
b) who's going to pay STEC for the STC to move it to another tail number?

I've heard it costs a pretty penny to get that STC, if they'll even do it.

Meanwhile, we've got three different part 23 certified systems coming out this year that are full/modern featured for around $8k installed. STEC's stuff is going to make less and less sense.

Meanwhile, we've got three different part 23 certified systems coming out this year that are full/modern featured for around $8k installed. STEC's stuff is going to make less and less sense.

Which ones are those?

Which ones are those?

TruTrak, Pro Pilot, and I think Dynon is working on an STC as well. The first two are 5-6k for the install kits, servos, and autopilot itself.

TruTrak just did a test install at Oshkosh in a 172 and it was 18 hours. Pro Pilot already has STCs for the 172 and 182. They'll be showing it off this week.

Last edited:
TruTrak, Pro Pilot, and I think Dynon is working on an STC as well. The first two are 5-6k for the install kits, servos, and autopilot itself.

TruTrak just did a test install at Oshkosh in a 172 and it was 18 hours. Pro Pilot already has STCs for the 172 and 182. They'll be showing it off this week.

Garmin also announced theirs for this fall.

Garmin also announced theirs for this fall.

We are actually getting the Trio system in the next few weeks. This single axis stec can be useful for someone until their model gets an stc however. We are fortunate to be flying the test model of the trio.

I'll check the costs for stc transfer

Please let me know how it goes and the total cost. The trio is the only one ready for the 182.

We are actually getting the Trio system in the next few weeks. This single axis stec can be useful for someone until their model gets an stc however. We are fortunate to be flying the test model of the trio.

I'll check the costs for stc transfer

I'll second that. My post was misleading. There are some great new APs coming out, but there are still gonna be a lot of planes that aren't STCed for them or may never be STCed for them.

Be interesting to see if the price of "transfer of STC" comes down from S-Tec as these new A/P's hit the market... if they don't lower it, they're dead.

Be interesting to see if the price of "transfer of STC" comes down from S-Tec as these new A/P's hit the market... if they don't lower it, they're dead.

Century told us they would sell us the whole kit with all necessary paperwork and we could install it. The "dealer install only" policies continue to erode.

Back