Stearman Field 1K1 8th annual fly-in, near Wichita Kansas, 20 June 2015

Kiddo's Driver

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
I'll have my Tampico parked out there when I'm not flying. PM me if you are in the area. I live on the field.

Free breakfast for pilots who fly in.

There is a car show all morning in addition to the fly-in.

http://www.stearmanbarandgrill.com/

June 20th, 8th Annual Fly-in, this is the big one, Live band, VegaMoss, 1-4pm AND Lucky People, 8pm-Midnight

I'm thinking about coming up and bringing my 8-year old daughter. Will there be anything for kids to do once they get tired of looking at airplanes? (Bounce house, ice cream, etc.) How big of an event is it?

I got busy yesterday and did not respond here, but I did PM Russ back with some info. He stopped by after noon to cool off and relax. It was great to put a face with a name! Overall there was good turn out both in aircraft & classic cars. I completely forgot to take pictures, with the exception of the one attached here. I would love to see this thing grow into more of a classic fly in. Something like the Southeast Regional Fly-In (SERFI). www.SERFI.org

Attachments

• 20150620Benton Fly In.JPG
    20150620Benton Fly In.JPG
    599 KB · Views: 13
Jim, it was great meeting you! A fun event, but it sure was hot. At least it was windy too. Landing and takeoff were highly entertaining, as was watching others do the same.

Thanks for the hospitality, letting us borrow some of your air conditioning, and showing us around the great properly you live on there, complete with a hill for proper viewing of landings.

I'll make sure to swing by the next time I'm up that way!

glad you had fun. considering coming out for the show, then thought about the temperatures, and stayed inside :)

Back