Status of items Jesse is working on

[row][cell]Feature[/cell][cell]Status[/cell][cell]Requested By[/cell][cell]Comments[/cell][/row][row][cell]Upgrade vBulletin[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We're running an older version and need to upgrade for security reasons.[/cell][/row][row][cell]Reply to All[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Tony[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Ignore Thread[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Scott[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Improved iPhone Support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jason[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]SkyVector support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Kent[/cell][cell]defined at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28233 [/cell][/row][row][cell]SpinZone different color[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]Make the spin zone a different color[/cell][/row][row][cell]Who's Online bug[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]The LiveChat who's online list will always have at least one person, the last person logged in, even if they aren't anymore.[/cell][/row][row][cell]RAID-1 on Server[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We have the hard drive, just need to implement it somenight soon[/cell][/row]

Checked a couple more off the list...

Are we allowed to suggest things?
Would hate to pile on a bunch of new and tedious would-likes but..

Any way to set pm notifications to once or twice only?
I read the posts by going to 'new posts', then click on one I want to see, then the back button (alt+leftarrow).
If I have an untended pm, I get a pop-up about it each time I go back. ie 20 times in a sitting.
I know there are other ways to read new posts or that I can simply tend to the pm right away but I'd prefer not to do it that way!
Thanks.
And thanks for POA.

Dave, if you click New Posts again, you won't get it the next time.

I read the posts by going to 'new posts', then click on one I want to see, then the back button (alt+leftarrow).
If I have an untended pm, I get a pop-up about it each time I go back. ie 20 times in a sitting.
I know there are other ways to read new posts or that I can simply tend to the pm right away but I'd prefer not to do it that way!
Thanks.
And thanks for POA.

I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Is there a mode of live chat that can be invoked that does not require flash? (for those of us with Iphones.)
nope.

Jesse -
I sometimes click on "Mark this forum read", but cannot find it today. Am I having another senior moment?
- Peggy

Jesse -
I sometimes click on "Mark this forum read", but cannot find it today. Am I having another senior moment?
- Peggy
With the upgrade it disappeared. I might ad with my gratitude too. It was mentioned on the trouble with the upgrade thread. I don't like it because when using a mobile browser it is often too easy to hit that link when you meant to hit the link above it. My $.02 at any rate.

Jesse -
- Peggy
With the upgrade it disappeared. I might ad with my gratitude too. It was mentioned on the trouble with the upgrade thread. I don't like it because when using a mobile browser it is often too easy to hit that link when you meant to hit the link above it. My $.02 at any rate.

BTW it is still a function, but now you go under Forum Tools and the drop down has the mark forum read option in it. It is different and an extra step. But if that helps.....

Thanks.
And thanks for POA.

How has the new method been working for you? The thing is that it IS set to just notify you once. You're just activating it by going back to the page that was set to notify you. Grant has the best solution that I know of. Check "New Posts"...click on thread...read thread...click "New Posts" again...rinse...repeat.

Jesse -
- Peggy

BTW it is still a function, but now you go under Forum Tools and the drop down has the mark forum read option in it. It is different and an extra step. But if that helps.....

Ultimately, I'll listen to popular opinion. If you know of people with an opinion on the topic have them post it somewhere in the feedback forum and I'll see if I can hack it in if it's a problem for people (and they make their voices heard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac Arrow
I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway. Is there a mode of live chat that can be invoked that does not require flash? (for those of us with Iphones.)
nope.
It's been almost a year, and now I find myself in a similar situation with an iPad. Any change? Any change planned?

It's been almost a year, and now I find myself in a similar situation with an iPad. Any change? Any change planned?

Even on Android, which has Flash, and works well usually, LiveChat gives the following error:

You must have flash installed

Or something to that affect. Maybe LiveChat is just not mobile compatible.

I can read livechat on my Droid, but I cannot reply

I didn't write Livechat, we don't have the source-code for it, and the developers have no intent of fixing this. So unless someone can find a comparable product that will work without much expense we're going to be stuck with what we have.

I didn't write Livechat, we don't have the source-code for it, and the developers have no intent of fixing this. So unless someone can find a comparable product that will work without much expense we're going to be stuck with what we have.

Ajax, open source, vBulletin integration samples provided:

https://blueimp.net/ajax/

Why not use a jabber server. There are several ajax front ends for conference rooms. There are also client programs for nearly all platform; windows, linux, os x, ios, webos, and finally android.

-josh

I have concluded that the only possible reason that the "ignore thread" function hasn't been activated is to force the dog people to see all the frigging cat threads.

I have concluded that the only possible reason that the "ignore thread" function hasn't been activated is to force the dog people to see all the frigging cat threads.

Honestly, I've looked long and hard for an updated add-on, but haven't found one I'm comfortable with supporting. None of them that I found seemed to be maintained. I probably spent 2-3 hours looking a few months ago.

Well, Jason, you probably don't know that I'm an expert on this computer stuff, so feel free to ask about anything you don't know. I'm especially good with CD:\ and all that stuff.

Honestly, I've looked long and hard for an updated add-on, but haven't found one I'm comfortable with supporting. None of them that I found seemed to be maintained. I probably spent 2-3 hours looking a few months ago.

Back