Status of items Jesse is working on

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
My List (public items):
[row][cell]Feature[/cell][cell]Status[/cell][cell]Requested By[/cell][cell]Comments[/cell][/row][row][cell]RAID-1 on Server[/cell][cell]In Progress[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We have the hard drive, just need to implement it somenight soon[/cell][/row][row][cell]Upgrade vBulletin[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We're running an older version and need to upgrade for security reasons.[/cell][/row][row][cell]SpinZone different color[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]Make the spin zone a different color[/cell][/row][row][cell]Who's Online bug[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]The LiveChat who's online list will always have at least one person, the last person logged in, even if they aren't anymore.[/cell][/row][row][cell]Reply to All[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Tony[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Ignore Thread[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Scott[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Improved iPhone Support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jason[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]SkyVector support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Kent[/cell][cell]defined at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28233 [/cell][/row]

1. This list does not represent the items the management council is working on.
  2. The items on this list either do not need approval by the management council (items I'm directly responsible for) or have already been approved by the management council.
  3. If this list is missing something you think should be here simply post in this thread and I will add it. Do not modify the list yourself.
  4. If something is not on this list. I'm not doing it. I have a bad memory and this is how I'm used to working.
  5. If you want to discuss any of these items feel free to do so in this thread.

Last edited:
How about the ability to embed and auto play sound clips? LOL

I remember one baord I was on back in 2000, and they pretty much gave us all HTML tags to edit with except table tr td etc...

embed src=superannoying.wav

THat was fun for a day. :D

I remember one baord I was on back in 2000, and they pretty much gave us all HTML tags to edit with except table tr td etc...
Very few people these days directly expose tags. It is dangerous (can be done, but requires a lot of work) and exposes the site to problems ranging from design busts, to cross-site scripting, session jacking, etc.

EdFred said:
embed src=superannoying.wav

THat was fun for a day. :D
Ha. No thanks. That'd be rather annoying. You can embed YouTube and Vimeo videos...and can attach files. That should cover it.

I think it would be cool to have the ability to remote link our avatars like we can our signature pics....

That way we don't have to upload a stagnant picture, but rather a realtime picture that updates (like, for example, a webcam in a garage pointed at a project of some sort).

Wouldn't that be cool? I can see some abuse, but nothing crazy as long as only members with non-spam posts can do it.

I think it would be cool to have the ability to remote link our avatars like we can our signature pics....

That way we don't have to upload a stagnant picture, but rather a realtime picture that updates (like, for example, a webcam in a garage pointed at a project of some sort).

...with a Dr. Pepper can clearly in view... :D

um....why the change to the Spin Zone color? Other than, perhaps, fire engine red?

(chortle)
(i hate smileys)

Would be really cool if you could, via regular expressions, look at all posts when first submitted, and if you see a pattern match for an airport identifier in the US (^K[AZ]{3}$ or something like that ; I'll let you figure out what it would be for 3-letter identifiers!), convert it automatically to an Airnav hyperlink to that airport's page... I'm constantly going to AirNav to find details on the airport somebody refers to as just KXYZ.

um....why the change to the Spin Zone color? Other than, perhaps, fire engine red?

(chortle)
(i hate smileys)
A number of people who post to both the SZ and non-SZ found that they don't always remember to check which forum they're in before replying, The intent is to reduce inadvertent SZ posts outside the SZ by providing a visual reminder of the forum.

Jesse, did you do the upgrade? I've noticed some GUI differences (when uploading files, being notified of PMs, etc.). I presume this is due to a software upgrade!

Jesse, did you do the upgrade? I've noticed some GUI differences (when uploading files, being notified of PMs, etc.). I presume this is due to a software upgrade!

No I didn't. Weird.

Ah, must be differences in the way Chrome shows the site vs. Firefox... was trying Google's new browser.
That's too bad. I was hoping we had some "drive by and upgrade all your software" hackers attack us.

do those exist? are there "nice" hackers?
I had a device though that was suddenly upgraded overnight and caused some downtime for clients as the upgrade made us incompatible.

The vendor had a remote tunnel into the box and I had discussed doing an upgrade with them in the past. They tried to tell me that they didn't do it and it must have been a driveby hacker that upgraded me. It was pretty ridiculous -- finally they admitted that they did it.

[row][cell]Feature[/cell][cell]Status[/cell][cell]Requested By[/cell][cell]Comments[/cell][/row][row][cell]RAID-1 on Server[/cell][cell]In Progress[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We have the hard drive, just need to implement it somenight soon[/cell][/row][row][cell]Upgrade vBulletin[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We're running an older version and need to upgrade for security reasons.[/cell][/row][row][cell]Who's Online bug[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]The LiveChat who's online list will always have at least one person, the last person logged in, even if they aren't anymore.[/cell][/row][row][cell]Reply to All[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Tony[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Ignore Thread[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Scott[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Improved iPhone Support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jason[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]SkyVector support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Kent[/cell][cell]defined at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28233 [/cell][/row][row][cell]SpinZone different color[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]Make the spin zone a different color[/cell][/row]

Spin zone color is changed

Cool... I had to join SZ just to check it out. Is it just my monitor, or are some rows more "pink" than "red" in color, and is there any significance (or subtle message) to that?

Cool... I had to join SZ just to check it out. Is it just my monitor, or are some rows more "pink" than "red" in color, and is there any significance (or subtle message) to that?

They shouldn't be. I might have messed something up. Check with one of those color picker things. If someone has a better color give me the hex value and I'll change it.

Is it just my monitor, or are some rows more "pink" than "red" in color, and is there any significance (or subtle message) to that?
I don't think it's just your monitor but it does its job. :eek:

Thanks Jesse!

They shouldn't be. I might have messed something up. Check with one of those color picker things. If someone has a better color give me the hex value and I'll change it.
What's the hex value for brown?

It should be the green?
It's back. Thanks.

It was not a feature that I needed. I had figured out that by blocking the SZ if I were to hit new posts I get all but SZ. Then the only way I can see SZ is to select it. Once I did that I only saw SZ posts. So without the color I could figure it out. But I know some people did not want to do that. At least the green does not clash with the blue and offers them a visual clue that they have travelled somewhere different.

I think I may need a breathalizer to lock out my keyboard. Long day, don't ask.

Brown is the perfect color for SZ.

Highest priority for Jesse?? Please explain!

Joe

Highest priority for Jesse?? Please explain!

Easiest to implement would be my guess.... stylesheet entry, maybe a little "if-then" wrapper. He should put a "bid price" on each of those, to establish priority. Will help pay off the out-of-pocket costs and let a little capitalism drive project priorities. ;) How bad do you want YOUR item done?!

Maybe we should make the text background for Spin black, and continue to use black type... :D

They shouldn't be. I might have messed something up. ..

No jesse. You NEVER claim to have "messed something up" - you "Implemented a new feature!"

[row][cell]Feature[/cell][cell]Status[/cell][cell]Requested By[/cell][cell]Comments[/cell][/row][row][cell]RAID-1 on Server[/cell][cell]In Progress[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We have the hard drive, just need to implement it somenight soon[/cell][/row][row][cell]Upgrade vBulletin[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We're running an older version and need to upgrade for security reasons.[/cell][/row][row][cell]Reply to All[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Tony[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Ignore Thread[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Scott[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Improved iPhone Support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jason[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]SkyVector support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Kent[/cell][cell]defined at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28233 [/cell][/row][row][cell]SpinZone different color[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]Make the spin zone a different color[/cell][/row][row][cell]Who's Online bug[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]The LiveChat who's online list will always have at least one person, the last person logged in, even if they aren't anymore.[/cell][/row]

The who is online function should now accurately represent who is actually in chat -- within 1-2 minutes. There is still a caching layer in place to reduce load.

ScCutler said:
No jesse. You NEVER claim to have "messed something up" - you "Implemented a new feature!"
Perhaps. I prefer just to admit when I mess up -- works better it seems. :)

Last edited:
[row][cell]Feature[/cell][cell]Status[/cell][cell]Requested By[/cell][cell]Comments[/cell][/row][row][cell]Upgrade vBulletin[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We're running an older version and need to upgrade for security reasons.[/cell][/row][row][cell]Reply to All[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Tony[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Ignore Thread[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Scott[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]Improved iPhone Support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Jason[/cell][cell]-[/cell][/row][row][cell]SkyVector support[/cell][cell]In queue[/cell][cell]Kent[/cell][cell]defined at http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28233 [/cell][/row][row][cell]SpinZone different color[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]Make the spin zone a different color[/cell][/row][row][cell]Who's Online bug[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]The LiveChat who's online list will always have at least one person, the last person logged in, even if they aren't anymore.[/cell][/row][row][cell]RAID-1 on Server[/cell][cell]Complete[/cell][cell]Jesse[/cell][cell]We have the hard drive, just need to implement it somenight soon[/cell][/row]

After 120 miles of driving, a few hours of work, the server is now RAID-1.

Back