Static Sunscreens+Plexiglass

skippers

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
skippers
Any adverse effects on plexiglass with use of static held sunscreens? Too much heat generated between the plexiglass and the sunscreen?

Thanks

I use them for the skylights on the 182 and no ill effects so far.

I have heard that some of the plasticizers in the vinyl ones could be damaging to our plastic windows. No internet proof of that, but I just got done replacing my vacuum hose from standby pump that was generating an oily substance which rumor is the hose breakiing down.

I use them, not very effective in my opinion. I haven't had issues in flight but I usually take them down if the airplane is going to sit in the sun more than a few hours.

I use them in my Sonex. Almost a must have with the bubble canopy unless you like a sunburnt scalp. I have had two of them stuck to the top of the bubble for over 2 years now with no ill effects.

Keith

I've had them on the back "glass" of my Saratoga for over a year. I bought the roll of the best cling on I could find that was rated highest for blocking heat. I trimmed the pieces to fit right and most people that see my plane thing it's a regular tint job unless you look very close.

Significant reduction in heat through windows. Family loves it.

Looks fantastic on top of that.

Back