States I have flown to

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Dear POA,
Where can I find that cool "States I have flown to"
map thing that some of you have under your signature?
ApacheBob

Yeah, I have been wondering myself... :confused:

Here ya go...

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

No charge. Though, I do accept a frozen Three Musketeers and a Coke for services rendered. :)

attachment.php

Oops, I missed Arkansas!

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 663
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Ken!:blueplane:
VisitedStatesMap.jpg
Bob, You're welcome.

In order to get it to show as part of a signature, you have to right click on the image created and download it to your computer. Then, you have to upload it to the signature. Or, save it to a site like Photobucket then link to it.

The epsoft web site won't store the pictures.

Bob, You're welcome.

In order to get it to show as part of a signature, you have to right click on the image created and download it to your computer. Then, you have to upload it to the signature. Or, save it to a site like Photobucket then link to it.

The epsoft web site won't store the pictures.

I have on a few occasions rented an airplane or "borrowed" one from a friend in a state I've never flown my own airplane to and now I'm wondering if I should include the states where I've flown from but not into? This makes my meager collection a bit more impressive.

Without/with the extras:

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 9
  • VisitedStatesMap2.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 8
I have on a few occasions rented an airplane or "borrowed" one from a friend in a state I've never flown my own airplane to and now I'm wondering if I should include the states where I've flown from but not into? This makes my meager collection a bit more impressive.

Without/with the extras:
I've never flown into Texas but now that I'm here and have picked up around 120 hours since I've been here, I'm counting it!

Here's my updated map. Getting there. Hopefully I'll add a few more before year's end. I'm up to more than half tho'.

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Not much but they have all been fun!

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 5

Without/with the extras:
I am counting any state I have flown in with either a take off or landing in and/or in my plane or a rental as long as I was able to log PIC.

My rule is I must have started the trip at my home base with my plane.

(No flying an airline or driving to another state and renting/borrowing a plane - that doesn't count in my book.)

(No flying an airline or driving to another state and renting/borrowing a plane - that doesn't count in my book.)

by your rules my map looks like this.

shoot.

I will never own my own plane.

Attachments

• unVisitedStatesMap.jpg
    unVisitedStatesMap.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 5

Those are your rules for your states. Thems ain't my rules. I'll respect your rules when you respect mine.

And what about states you have flown over on your way to a destination, in your own plane, but didn't land in?

And what about states you have flown over on your way to a destination, in your own plane, but didn't land in?
Well, once you start making these little colored maps, you'll soon stop overflying states, and start landing in them, just so you can color in the state!
-harry

I am not counting those in my list. I am using the same basic rules that my two best friends and I came up with in our 1st to get to all 50 states contest (I lost BTW but I am leading in countries and continents visited). That rule is you have to have set foot in the state to have it count. So flyover is a no go for my personal rule. Otherwise I would pick up a couple of more. The other rule I am using is no commercial airline death tube passenger travel. All of this has to be PIC

On the Purple Board (where I think all this started), the general consensus is "states where you've landed as sole manipulator of the controls." That lets us students play, too. :D

OK, now I'm claiming discrimination! I can't upload both my "provinces" and my "states" and they don't have one map dfor North America!

I need two signature pics!

OK, now I'm claiming discrimination! I can't upload both my "provinces" and my "states" and they don't have one map dfor North America!

I need two signature pics!
Get both pics and open one in paint, import the other and then save as a new combined file. Upload that combine file as your sig.

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap with SIC.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap with SIC.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 3
  • VisitedStatesMap without SIC.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap without SIC.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 3
I still can't figure out how to get it into my sig line. I have the doc saved but can only figure out how to bring it in as an attachment. Me and this dang electronic box just don't get along :redface:

I still can't figure out how to get it into my sig line. I have the doc saved but can only figure out how to bring it in as an attachment. Me and this dang electronic box just don't get along :redface:
I clicked on the VB Code link on the bottom of the page and saw the tag: [sigpic]

Try that!

1. Go to USER CP

2. Select 'EDIT SIGNATURE'

3. Scroll down until you see the box 'Signature Picture' (it will be below the Edit Signature box)

4. Inside the Signature Picture box use the 'Option 2: Upload Image' box to upload the image form your computer.

5. Then do a preview signature and you will see in the 'Edit Signature' box the tags {SIGPIC][/SIGPIC}, your new sig pic will be between them when the signature is reviewed as part of a message NOT when viewing the edit signature box.

6. Hit the 'SAVE SIGNATURE' button

Last edited:
You'd think more people would have flown to Alaska, with it floating so close to California's coast and all...

I'll do mine with the lines of being the sole manipulator of controls on takeoff and/or landing.

Those are your rules for your states. Thems ain't my rules. I'll respect your rules when you respect mine.

I am not counting those in my list. I am using the same basic rules that my two best friends and I came up with in our 1st to get to all 50 states contest (I lost BTW but I am leading in countries and continents visited). That rule is you have to have set foot in the state to have it count. So flyover is a no go for my personal rule. Otherwise I would pick up a couple of more. The other rule I am using is no commercial airline death tube passenger travel. All of this has to be PIC

Hypocrite. Why would I go by your rules? I could just death tube it to all 50 states. Get a checkout and say I've flown to all 50 states. No way. You didn't fly to ANY of them in that scenario.

Last edited:
by your rules my map looks like this.

shoot.

I will never own my own plane.
Heheh D2. My map would look like that too.

But I've got my own rules (which favor me, of course). For all you commercial and ATP pilots, how about the states where you've gone when paid to fly? :D

You can't really tell from the map but I'm missing 3 of the miniscule northeastern states.

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 7
Heheh D2. My map would look like that too.

But I've got my own rules (which favor me, of course). For all you commercial and ATP pilots, how about the states where you've gone when paid to fly? :D

You can't really tell from the map but I'm missing 3 of the miniscule northeastern states.

You're not missing much in RI or CT, in my opinion. No offense intended to anyone from there. VT on the other hand is beautiful. I'm surprised you haven't flown into BTV.

I like your rules. I've been paid to fly to 18 of the 24 or so states I've flown to.

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap comm.jpg
    VisitedStatesMap comm.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
On the Purple Board (where I think all this started), the general consensus is "states where you've landed as sole manipulator of the controls." That lets us students play, too. :D
What's a purple board?

Hypocrite. Why would I go by your rules? I could just death tube it to all 50 states. Get a checkout and say I've flown to all 50 states. No way. You didn't fly to ANY of them in that scenario.
WAHT?

I said, and you highlighted, NO commercial pax travel is counted for my state count. How the heck did you turn that around??

Really Ed, go by whatever rules you want. It is a map for ourselves. Two of the states I have flown in have been with rental craft so I choose to use those as states I have flown in for my map. But you rules suit and that is cool!

Last edited:
Back