States I have flown to

:lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning::lightning:

Image5.gif
Is that some sort of Mercator projection trick? Look at the Peters projection and you will get a better relation of size.

PetersProjection-over.gif

WAHT?

I said, and you highlighted, NO commercial pax travel is counted for my state count. How the heck did you turn that around??

Really Ed, go by whatever rules you want. It is a map for ourselves. Two of the states I have flown in have been with rental craft so I choose to use those as states I have flown in for my map. But you rules suit and that is cool!

How'd ya get to CA? Warrior direct from Nebraska?

How'd ya get to CA? Warrior direct from Nebraska?
I was in San Diego and I rented a C172 while I was there. I did not count it due to any of my death tube flights, just my spam an flight. If I counted states I have been in only on commercial flights I would have 45 of them filled in.

I did the same thing for Florida. I rented a 172, Warrior, and a 182 while I was there. I flew the 172 to Georgia and got that state as well.

I was pic in all of those flights, not pax.

See, I think the rule should be that you can only list states that you aviated yourself into and where you've actually left the airport environment. After all, one airport pretty much looks like any other and what's the point if you're not sampling the local food/culture/scenery?

Using that criteria, I'm only missing two, Idaho and Maine. It's not on the list but I've also rented a plane out of Hilo airport in Hawaii to fly over the lava flows and around the big island.

See, I think the rule should be that you can only list states that you aviated yourself into and where you've actually left the airport environment. After all, one airport pretty much looks like any other and what's the point if you're not sampling the local food/culture/scenery?

Using that criteria, I'm only missing two, Idaho and Maine. It's not on the list but I've also rented a plane out of Hilo airport in Hawaii to fly over the lava flows and around the big island.

Yep, that's the rule I use as well. Drive/commercial flight to all 50 states, and rent a plane, and then claim I've flown to all 50 states? I might as well have people from all over the world send me a shoe box of dirt from their country, I pour it out onto my kitchen floor, step on it, and claim I've been to Burkina Faso. I've got Hawaii, Alaska, and North Dakota left to fly to.

Using yours and Ed's rule you cannot count Hawaii since you did not fly there form the mainland youself

1. Go to USER CP

2. Select 'EDIT SIGNATURE'

3. Scroll down until you see the box 'Signature Picture' (it will be below the Edit Signature box)

4. Inside the Signature Picture box use the 'Option 2: Upload Image' box to upload the image form your computer.

5. Then do a preview signature and you will see in the 'Edit Signature' box the tags {SIGPIC][/SIGPIC}, your new sig pic will be between them when the signature is reviewed as part of a message NOT when viewing the edit signature box.

6. Hit the 'SAVE SIGNATURE' button

I swear, I meticulously followed your instructions and it's not showing up in my posts. :dunno:

Tried again, saw an obviously flaw. Does it work?

It DID, it DID!!!!!!!

What's a purple board?

The Purple Board for Pilots

It was started by some refugees from the Red Board last Fall and has grown into a very fun community. No fights allowed. :D

There was a Red Board and a Blue Board so the new one became the Purple Board. Quite a few people from here post regularly over there and vice versa.

I got tired of hunting up this thread every time I wanted to add a state, so I made the map itself a clickable link to the site in my signature.

I've been trying to get a Landings Map for my signature but when saved to my Pictures file it ends up as a vertical line.....I don't have the slightest idea why or how to get it to work.........Little Help!

Glenn Wilkinson

My rule is I must have started the trip at my home base with my plane.

(No flying an airline or driving to another state and renting/borrowing a plane - that doesn't count in my book.)

I know it's an old thread, but while we are going by rules, your "Can I log it PIC" flow chart isn't 100% correct.. ;)

I know it's an old thread, but while we are going by rules, your "Can I log it PIC" flow chart isn't 100% correct.. ;)

Yes it is. Just because you aren't legal to act as PIC doesn't mean you can't log it if you are rated. Even in a Robinson.

I go by the rule that you have to be pilot in command and actually land in the state ,can be an owned plane or rental as long as I am Pic ,have some second in command time that I don't count.If you use a Mac product you may have trouble getting the map.On my I pad I had to put the map in pictures.

I go by "take-off or land as PIC" - one color. Overflown (a bunch of times sometimes) - another color.
To me that's a map of states I cast my PIC shadow upon. Not that it matters really - I've landed in SC - yeah, KCEU. I saw less of it than, say, Kentucky
Few more non-PIC states. CA, NV, NJ

Not to resurrect a dead thread, but I put together a spreadsheet that lets you select the states and will generate the URL for the Map Icon. Makes it a bit simper not having to go through and select all your states everytime you add one. Feel free to PM me if you want me to send you the spreadsheet.

Back