State Record Ruined

SoonerAviator

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
SoonerAviator
Okla managed to go 190 days without a tornado . . . longest in recorded history for the state. Winning streak ruined yesterday, thanks a lot mother nature. I blame Texas.

Mother nature has been trying to burn Oklahoma down for the last couple months. :( . sis live in western. ok

Sporty here right now! Raining basically sideways, 70mph winds!

8yNJ0.gif

We had 60-70mph winds as the squall line moved through South Tulsa last night around 10:15p or so, but it only lasted about 10 minutes. Lost a few dead limbs out of the oak trees/black walnut. No biggie.

No major damage here. The sporty part was the tornado warning, gusts, sideways rain, and giant lightning bolts while surrounded by high pressure natural gas in a processing plant. The first one or two of the season always get me a little jacked up. Beyond that, of course, it becomes mundane. Crappy part is that after keeping the plant running through the onslaught, some downstream stations got shutdown later after I'd gone home, which caused a shutdown. Had to go back out to the plant for a few more hours and finally got back home about 2:30am. Love them 18 hour days.

We somehow got lucky in Stillwater. We were between two strong areas. Got a nice lighting show and heavy showers around 9 PM last night and then again this morning. Didn't have any of the real "sporty" stuff, though.

We somehow got lucky in Stillwater. We were between two strong areas. Got a nice lighting show and heavy showers around 9 PM last night and then again this morning. Didn't have any of the real "sporty" stuff, though.

Yeah, that's about how it worked out in BA. Slipped through a smaller section in the line. Lot's of heavier activity down the I-40 corridor and up US75 towards Bartlesville/Oologah.

Back