Starting to look at houses...carpet questions

Funny, one of my veterinarian pals had the same plan and found it unworkable by the time he got out there. Then again, that was before the meltdown, and he's probably upside down on his house by now. Sucker.
That happens out here too. Country living sound romantic until you realize you need to drive at least 1/2 hour back to town if you are going to go out with friends or something. It's more than an hour to get to Denver proper. I don't mind and I am used to it but some people start feeling pretty isolated.

That happens out here too. Country living sound romantic until you realize you need to drive at least 1/2 hour back to town if you are going to go out with friends or something. It's more than an hour to get to Denver proper. I don't mind and I am used to it but some people start feeling pretty isolated.

For me, and my fiance, it'd be nice. We don't really "hang out" with anyone, and I already drive or take the train for over an hour to get to work in Santa Fe every day. She grew up in the East Mountains, too, so she's familiar with the area and the good/bad parts of it.

I figure if I can get 10 acres, I can build a hangar/airstrip on it (legally), and that's a good thing :D

I drove to Elbert several times while buying the current plane. Novelty wore off pretty quick.

For me, and my fiance, it'd be nice. We don't really "hang out" with anyone, and I already drive or take the train for over an hour to get to work in Santa Fe every day. She grew up in the East Mountains, too, so she's familiar with the area and the good/bad parts of it.

I figure if I can get 10 acres, I can build a hangar/airstrip on it (legally), and that's a good thing :D

10 acres...airstrip??? That better be a Long skinny 10 acres.... something about 290 feet wide to get 1500' between the fences.
When you get out of the irrigated areas, you ought to be able to find a section (square mile, 640 acres) of land for next to nothing and start ranching Pet Rocks....(did I just give away my age?)

and my hobby/rc airplane/gun stuff room

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

FOR NOW, it's your hobby/rc airplane/gun stuff room. For now.

:D:D:D:D:D

Remember, what's her space is hers, and what's your space is yours, subject to any future claims she may make on it. You're only borrowing.

Remember, what's her space is hers, and what's your space is yours, subject to any future claims she may make on it. You're only borrowing.

Isn't that the truth! Squatter's rights and claim jumping are part of girl programming.

But there's a good chance you'll have the garage pretty much to yourself...

Trapper John

Isn't that the truth! Squatter's rights and claim jumping are part of girl programming.

But there's a good chance you'll have the garage pretty much to yourself...

Trapper John

And the doghouse too, on occasion.:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

FOR NOW, it's your hobby/rc airplane/gun stuff room. For now.

:D:D:D:D:D

Luckily for me, Tristan seems to like building/flying model airplanes.

Luckily for me, Tristan seems to like building/flying model airplanes.

A good reason for picking her.

(Jesse, BTW, you do know I'm joking about the house stuff. I've been married 17yrs without any of the BS, and Tristan doesn't seem to be a BS kinda gal. Good luck to you.)

My wife likes things to be left in a "natural state" which I took to mean no lawns. I do mow the weeds alongside the driveway once or twice a month using a 3pt mower on my tractor and occasionally take a swipe at the weeds growing behind the house (in an area too shaded for grass to thrive) but the rest of my property is pretty much covered in trees.

LOL

I have to admit that when I first started reading this post my mind went in a completely different direction.

I just looked up what happened to that first house Wells Fargo kept dicking around with me on. They ended up selling it in December for $11,000 less than I was going to give them. Geniuses.

I just looked up what happened to that first house Wells Fargo kept dicking around with me on. They ended up selling it in December for $11,000 less than I was going to give them. Geniuses.

They ended up doing you a favor, didn't they? IIRC, you ended up with a nicer house.

Still ---- :mad2:

Back